132

Evelina stared at the lady stepping gracefully off an imperial carriage, wearing a regal dress. A smug smirk could be seen adorning her angelic face.

"My... I've missed you all very much!" Angelina walked towards the duke with slow steps and reassured him, "You must've been so worried, father. But don't be, he and her majesty treated me very well. They told me I was an excellent young lady and that you were blessed to have me as your daughter."

The duke's frown deepened as he heard her words.

Angelina turned to her dearly missed sister and rejoiced by saying, "Don't feel left out, older sister. I didn't forget you. I kept thinking of what to get you!"

"..." Evelina restrained with difficulty to not reveal a bitter appearance. But she really couldn't take this! It feels like something is eating her up from the inside!

"I hope you like it!" Angelina gestured for a servant with the gift to come over. The maid came over, holding the gift box carefully. Usually, the receiver would take it elsewhere and open the gift where the giver isn't, to avoid humiliating the giver if situations come where the receiver does not like the gift. But Angelina wasn't going to let her.

The maid, shockingly to Evelina, set down the gift box and opened it! She pulled out the so-called gracious gift. Evelina's eyes widened with disgust.

It was a bright green gown with a blindingly bold pink bow on the chest. Not only was the color match hideous, the design of the dress is completely horrid! Evelina's face paled just by thinking of wearing such a disaster dress!

"Do you like it? I think it's the perfect gown for you to wear to his Majesty's upcoming birthday!" Angelina clapped her hands.

"W-what!? I can't wear this! This gown is hideous! U-um... Sister, you can't be serious..." Evelina looked at Angelina with disbelief. She nearly blew up. Thankfully she managed to control herself. If this wench thinks she would actually wear this to such an important event, then she's wrong! The gown is so disgusting, it looks like it was made by vomit!

"But sister... Her highness is the one who personally chose this gown for you to wear this gown to his Majesty's birthday! If you don't, her highness will be terribly upset..." Angelina covered her mouth in shock but a mocking gaze stared straight into Evelina, causing her to shudder.

"Angelina! You're going too far! How dare you try to humiliate Eve like this!?" Alex was infuriated. He had enough of this devilish youngest sister of him bullying Eve. These past few days, Evelina had not been in the best mood. She was already incredibly sad because of the recent birthday incident and now Angelina's just trying to make things worse!

The duke glared at Angelina with displeasure. Instead of helping her family, Angelina left to enjoy the grand life in the imperial palace. She didn't even seem to want to return home!

"Angelina, Evelina is your sister. You and the princess shouldn't scheme against her like this!" The duke raised his voice at her.

"Father? What are you talking about? Me and the princess scheming? Isn't the princess just trying to save older sister the trouble of having to choose a gown for his majesty's birthday?" Angelina feigned ignorance and gasped.

"You! Angelina, just because you've been getting comfortable with the imperial family, it doesn't mean that you're part of their family! No matter what, you're Skyler and you should put your family first!" The duke berated her. His last string of patience was cut once he saw the smugness hiding behind her innocent act just now.

"Oh?" Angelina dropped her ignorant front and her expression darkened. Her lips curled up to form a sneer. "And what are you going to do, dear father? Lock me somewhere and beat me till I submit to you? Don't forget, the imperial family is expecting me to visit them once again two days later..."