53

The very next day, Angelina went to downtown again. But she didn't get the chance to.

This time, Angelina didn't bring Marie with her. Marie has been working without day off for a long time, so she told Marie to just rest.

Marie was hesitant at first but she decided not to decline.

Angelina waved her goodbye and got in the carriage, and Marie helped her close the door.

Everything seemed normal. Angelina would never expect what would happen.

As Angelina leaned her head on her hand, she looked out the window of the carriage and the multiple things passing by.

She saw them pass the gate and she felt a little tired...

Was it because she spent the night studying and embroidering? Or was it because she had a tiring day yesterday?

But before she could think any further... She fell asleep.

Angelina felt a warm sensation near her...

It was very warm....

No... In fact it was scolding hot!

Angelina immediately opened her eyes and saw....a fire.

The carriage was on fire!

She looked around and she was able to conclude that the fire probably started outside. As the fire hasn't completely filled the carriage.

But it was certainly spreading!

The door beside her was almost completely covered by for. The door that was a little bit further away from her was still able to be used.

Angelina wanted to go over there and leave the burning carriage. But...she couldn't....

Her legs went soft and numb.

She couldn't help but feel terrified. She died this way in the past....was she going to die like that again?

By being burned to death?

Her mind went blank and the surroundings morphed into that scene she dreaded...

She was tide to the stake and was surrounded by bright red flames.

The people were shouting and cursing at her. Wishing for her to be sent to hell.

She trembled in fear.

She felt completely useless and helpless. All she could do was let the tears fall from her golden eyes that was currently filled with terror.

She bit her lip so hard, blood came out.

She wasn't able to think anymore.

It seemed the scene of her death has traumatized and scared her for life.

She noticed from a while back that she felt more fearful of fires than before.

She didn't dare sit anywhere close to a fire. Even if it was a candle, it had to be at least an arm's length far from her.

Slowly her eyesight starts to fade and everything faded to black. Although she couldn't see, she could stil feel.

Everything around was still extremely hot. Her face and back was covered in sweat. As well as fear.

Then, she felt someone hold her back and also under her knees.

Her body starts to feel more relaxed and slightly colder.