44

Angelina pretended to look shocked and embarrassed.

"Uhm... young master?" Angelina said as her cheeks were rose red.

Chase was slightly stunned for a couple of seconds. Then he laughed.

"....."

'w-what...?' Now Angelina was stunned. Did he....did he just laugh!?

Angelina hasn't seen Chase laugh towards her for so long...

She couldn't even remember the last time he smiled warmly at her when she was Lilith.

It was...maybe...when they were still children...when their relationship was still good.

Seeing Angelina's stunned expression, Chase immediately stopped himself from laughing and blushed in embarrassment.

"...." Angelina was even more stunned. But she was also sad.

She tried so hard to see him smile and act warmly towards her after Evelina appeared. But she always failed.

But it seems so easy to make Chase warm up to her now....but how...

Was it because she faked being an soft hearted, pityful, and cute lady?

Was it because she was acting like Evelina?

Was that it?

But everything is going well so far so Angelina smiled back.

"I-i..." Chase coughed two time then said, "pardon me. I have shown lady Angelina an embarrassing sight..."

Angelina shook her head. "Not at all young master. In fact, I'm feel quite happy that young master feels comfortable enough to be laughing in front of me."

********
"Eve.... don't be upset.." the duke was outside Evelina's room.

After Angelina left for the Casspan estate, Evelina locked herself in her room and cried.

When the duke came over to pacify her, she didn't let him in and threw a tantrum.

"Leave me alone!"

"....." The duke sighed and left.

Inside the room, Evelina laid on her bed while hugging a stuffed animal.

Her eyes were red and tears flowed down her eyes.

"Why..why....why!?" She mumbled to herself.

Evelina knew she needed to make a plan, or else her engagement with Chase won't happen!

But she was so frustrated that she couldn't think straight. All she could do was squeeze the stiffed animal tightly and cried.

Her resentment for Angelina grew.

If Angelina just died in the Vancelia empire, her engagement with Chase would have no problems!

She probably would be already engaged to him and received the title of Chase Casspan's fiancee!

'why couldn't she just die!? Why is she always getting in my way!?'

Evelina's room was styled in a very girl style. It looked like a princess's bedroom.

There were cute stuffed animals. Almost everywhere you looked, there was at least a stuffed animal.

Aside from cute things, there was also piles of fairy tale books.

Beside Evelina was an opened fairytale book. It told the story of the female lead who was poor but because of her beauty and kind heart became a rich duchess after stealing the handsome male lead's heart.