89

Seeing her saddened eyes, Charles wanted to pull her into an embrace. But he hesitated.

If they were in their past life, he would've hugged without hesitation at all. But...she doesn't even remember him. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

He retreated his hands that were reaching out for her.

"Can you tell me more about her...?" Angelina asked.

"Mhm" Charles smiled and nodded. His mood became slightly better. Angelina was too caught up with her emotions, that she unknowingly forgot to address him as 'your highness' and spoke to him informally.

It was just like how she spoke to him in the past...

"Unlike Lily, she isn't an orphan. She was born in a commoner family. Her father works as a farmer. When marquess Bailey asked her parent's for permission to take their daughter as his, they agreed immediately. This Harper is a simple, naive, and kindhearted girl. Not like Lily at all..." as Charles told her about Harper, he didn't forget to tease Angelina.

"........" it took Angelina a few seconds to realize. Once she did, she flushed in embarrassment and pouted stubbornly.

Charles chucked before offering for them to go somewhere out of the estate and Angelina agreed. The engagement party lasts for quite a long time, and she didn't want to see 'them'.

"Follow me Lily" Charles held her hand and led her to path leading to exit. He was delighted that she agreed. It's been a while since they spent time together. The last time was during their past life, when they were children.

He really missed the moments that it was just him and her.

*********************

Angelina silently admired the majestic black horse in front of her. Then her gaze went to the emerald amulet around it's neck.

".........." Why does this horse remind her of someone...?

"Here" Charles took out a black cloak from the horse's saddle bag and handed it to Angelina. Angelina nodded and obediently put it on.

She gave the horse another glance before directing her attention to Charles.

"What's it's name?" Angelina asked. An innocent smile plastered on her flawless face.

"........" Charles widened her eyes at her question. His faint blushed turned scarlet in an instant. He hesitantly opened his mouth and told her.

"Lilith..."

"Yes?" Angelina responded.

"No...it's name is Lilith..." His face seemed to turn redder and redder as more seconds pass.

"........." Angelina was completely dumbfounded. Did he really give his horse...her original and true name...!?

Charles felt extremely embarrassed. He had gotten this horse years ago, when he was still a child. So he childishly named his horse Lilith, since at that time, he was recently separated from Lilith.

Meanwhile inside Angelina's head, only one thought occupied her mind. 'Wait...was he comparing her to a horse...??? '

"I'll help you get on..." Charles offered his hand. He dared not face her gaze.

"Mhm..." Angelina mindlessly accepted his help. Then she felt herself being lifted up and placed on the horse's back.

"Comfortable...?" Charles asked. He wanted to make sure she didn't sit in an uncomfortable position. Only after he saw her nod did he get on the horse.