11

Since Lilith's adoptive father was Marquess Bailey, Lilith would frequently visit the imperial palace. As Marquess Bailey would be doing his duties in the palace, Lilith would accompany the Emperor. They would have tea together, go on walks together and just spend time together.

Sometimes the Emperor would personally teach Lilith, which shocked everyone. After it was known that Lilith had a close relationship with the Emperor, many nobles started to try to suck up to Lilith.

The Emperor was a very intelligent, kind, honest, responsible, and fair person. He was the perfect Emperor. Because of this, Lilith highly respected the Emperor. The Emperor was also an amazing mentor/teacher. He was very patient while teaching Lilith.

Because the Emperor taught her personally, Lilith became one of the most enlightened and intelligent lady among the noble ladies.

To Lilith the Emperor was like her second father, and mentor. He would always smile so sweetly at Lilith, it was at her trial where Lilith saw the Emperor looking so cold for the first time.

Actually the Emperor didn't want to believe Lilith really committed the horrible acts she was accused of. However all the proofs points to Lilith and since the Emperor has always been a fair person, he couldn't help Lilith without proof cause it would mean he was biased.

The Emperor also wanted Lilith to have a lighter sentence than burning, but all the nobles and commoners wanted Lilith to be burned to death. They thought it was a fitting punishment for such an "evil" person.

Thinking about the good old times, Lilith started to miss the Emperor. She was hurt because the Emperor didn't help her but she knew he was the only person who was actually sad when she died.

But now she second guessed everything. Did the Emperor really care about her? Was it also an act? But his smile was so real and he seemed like he truly cared about her.

She didn't know anything anymore..

She got up from her bed and went to her bedside table and took the goddess's book. Although some pages were filled with instructions and information about the traveling soul, some pages are left blank. Angelina decided that she would write something she didn't want anyone else to see in the blank pages. Since only Angelina is able to see the words in the book.

She opened the book and wrote the events that would happen in the future so she doesn't forget. First she wrote how Evelina and Chase met.

They met each other in Starlight Festival. Both the Casspan and the Skyler family were staying in the capital for a meeting with the emperor. They both decided to sneak out and coincidentally met each other in the Starlight Festival. And they both fell in love after spending time with each other.

Angelina didn't know more than that, as she only knew his by Chase's words when he wanted to break his engagement with Lilith.

They met each other in the Starlight Festival and the Starlight Festival was on November 20th. That means they both will meet each other a year later and a month after Angelina's birthday debut party. Angelina's birthday is on October 28th, and it's currently August 15th. Angelina only had a year to prepare so she has to get ready.

Next was Lilith's and Chase's engagement.

They got engaged when Lilith was 7 years old and when Chase was 8. And they announced their engagement on Lilith's debut party. So by now they should be engaged already.

Angelina wanted to meet herself (Lilith) and warn her about Evelina and Chase but Lilith probably won't believe her. Angelina knows how much she used to love and trust Chase, she knew Lilith wouldn't believe her.

After writing down the events that will happen in the future, Angelina closed the book and place it inside a drawer of her bedside table.

Everything that happened today completely exhausted Angelina. She had to do many things before her debut and even after her debut she has many more things to do so she could survive.

In truth Angelina could've took the shortcut to her revenge by possessing Evelina and everyone that she despised and just killed them. However there was a problem. The people who gets possessed by the traveling soul won't remember anything that happened when they were possessed, and Angelina wanted to make them feel the pain and she wanted them to suffer. She wanted her enemies to be digging their own graves without even knowing it.

Thinking about what she experienced in the past, betrayal, and murder, her blood boiled in anger. She couldn't possibly settle this thirst for vengeance by letting them die easily. She burned to death! And she wanted them to suffer more!

Just thinking about her enemies suffering and begging her for mercy brought an evil smile on her face. They may have won the battle in the past but she will win the war!

Angelina was determined to win. Even though she was already very tired and she knew it could be get more stressful for her when she executes her revenge, she didn't care. What was the use of going back in time and being reincarnated, if you can't make your enemies get what they deserved!?

"Oh sweet Evelina.... don't act all high and mighty now..this is only the beginning...one day...you would be the one begging me for mercy...one day it would be me taking away everything you loved..! One day I will be the one watching you suffer and die!"

*****
Location: a study in a palace

Meanwhile inside a dark study, a man was staring at the window, while rain was pouring in the night sky. The man had black hair and ocean blue eyes. He stared at the window sorrowfully.

"Your highness..?" The person who just spoke was his closest aide, Aaron Bourich. He had brown hair and green eyes.

The man he was talking to was the man with black hair and beautiful blue eyes, Charles.

"Aaron.." Charles said coldly

"Uh!.. Yes..your highness..?" Aaron flinched at Charles's tone.

"How would you feel if someone killed a person who is very important to you.." Charles's face darkened as he said that

"Uh..of course I would be angry and devastated..!" Aaron was confused on why Charles said such words. Charles had been acting strange lately, but he didn't ask Charles.

"...and what would you do to the person who killed your beloved one..?" Charles look at Aaron, his face looked cold and threatening.

"Uh..!" Aaron was scared, he has never seen Charles looking so angry before. He had seen Charles angry before but he could tell Charles was furious. He hesitated but then spoke "I..I would make the person pay..!"

After Aaron said this, thunder appeared, only making Charles's expression and aura even more scary.

There was a moment of silence before Charles turned to his desk, and placed his hands on a piece of paper that had a portrait of a beautiful woman with black hair on it. Then his expression softened and smiled