49

"hey! Get off my lady!" Marie helped Angelina get up.

"What's going on, sister?"

"....I....was...just..." Evelina didn't know what to say. She eventually had to just sigh and leave.

Of could only after she glared at both Angelina and Eric.

Eric was still on the ground. So Angelina reached out her hand to help him up.

"You okay?" Angelina has long known about Eric being mistreated by Evelina. But she didn't know it was this bad.

Eric's past injuries still could be seen and he still looked quite haggard.

Angelina tasked Marie with giving Eric food, but for some reason even after leaving the food, no one came to get it.

Of course they didn't know that the door to Eric's room was now locked for not only the daytime but also at night.

Evelina no longer gave Eric a day to get some sunlight or a day for him to leave his room.

He was completely put on lockdown.

"....." Eric hesitantly took Angelina's hand and got up.

Eric was at the same age as Angelina but since he was malnourished, he was a bit shorter.

"Your injuries..."

"It's fine...I just..." Wanted to go home. But he didn't have a home anymore...where would he even go?

He was definitely going to be punished heavily for his actions today...

Thinking about this, he trembled.

His hand who was still holding Angelina's hand trembled, and Angelina didn't turn a blind eye to this.

"Why don't we treat your wounds first" Angelina turned to Marie, and said "Marie please help me get some medicine to treat his wounds. Meet me back in my room"

"Huh?...uhm...okay miss" Marie said before she turned around to get some medicine, bandages, and more.

"Follow me" hand in hand, Angelina and Eric went in the room.

Once inside, Angelina told him to take a seat. He sat on a cushion chair and couldn't help but feel relaxed.

He always sat and laid on a cold and hard floor. He had never felt so comfortable before.

"Tell me, my sister has always treated you horribly right? Then...why didn't you try to do something before?"

"......" Eric was little bit too nervous to talk. But this could be his chance to escape!

He might be able to disobey Evelina's orders now...but something tells him it wouldn't last long.

"Oath..."

"What?"

"It's the oath..!"

"...." It took a minute for Angelina to understand.

"You mean...the oath of loyalty?"

"Ye-yes!"

'the oath of loyalty' is the nicest name it has. But it has another name too.

'the slave's promise'

This oath could be used for many things. It was used by emperors or kings towards someone working for them.

It could be used for a subordinate, and many more.

But it's popularly used for slaves.

When the person under the oath disobeys it's master's command, their body will do their master's command against the owner of the body's will.