36

Angelina was heading towards her class, where her manners teacher was waiting for her.

It was then when she passed a suspicious door.

The door was locked. It also gave off an eerie aura.

When Angelina passed by it, she felt strange and uncomfortable. For a second it was a little hard to breathe and chills ran up her spine.

'hm....how strange...' Angelina stopped for a moment to wonder. After a couple of seconds she continued and headed towards her classroom.

********
After hours of classes, Angelina was exhausted and tired.

She went back to her bedroom to find that Marie was not there.

Usually Marie would be waiting for Angelina in the bedroom. She would be waiting with a cup of warm tea to help the tired young lady.

Angelina didn't think anything about it.

She shrugged it off as perhaps Marie was busy or was tired and decided to rest.

Angelina laid down on her bed, resting for quite a while. But Marie was still not there.

Eventually Angelina got up and headed towards the areas Marie would usually be at.

She headed to the kitchen first.

"Get out, slave!"

"We don't have anything for you!"

The scene she was welcomed with was a little disturbing.

Eric was on his knees, begging for food from the kitchen maids and chefs.

"Get out! You slav-" as the maid was shouting and trying to get rid of Eric, she noticed Angelina by the door.

"Ah!" She immediately bowed "greetings m'lady, the second miss"

Angelina's gaze swept by the bowing maids and then Eric.

"What's going on?"

"My apologies m'lady. This slave has been pestering us for food, even though we were ordered not to give him any."

"Oh? Why is that?"

"The first miss said it was a punishment."

Angelina's gaze fell on Eric's weakly figure.

"How long have you not fed him?"

"Uhmm...perhaps two days.."

"If you don't feed him for any longer he'll die"

"........"

"......."

Eric stared at Angelina with a little bit of confusion. Why is she helping him?

"Sorry m'lady...but this is the first miss's orders..."

"Is that so?" Angelina turned to a maid "you there...get me some bread."

"W-what?"

Angelina raised one eyebrow "did you not hear what i said?"

"N-no miss! I'll get it right away!" The maid went to get a three pieces of bread and gave it to Angelina.

Then Angelina walked towards Eric.

He flinched. For some reason he expected to be hit or perhaps scolded by Angelina.

But unlike his expectation, Angelina bent down and gave the three pieces of bread to him.

"...?" Eric was confused.