105

"Lady Angelina." Eric bowed.

Angelina's gaze fell to the stack of books Eric was holding tightly.

She smiled and praised him, "you have worked hard."

"Of course. I didn't want to disappoint you..." His face remained expressionless, but there was a hint of a smile in his eyes.

"I was thinking about sending you to the academy. It would very advantageous if you managed to do well there. If you are acknowledged, your path to entering the magic tower won't take too long." Angelina offered.

The academy. It's filled with extremely potential magic users and also talented physicians and doctors. Those who wish to enter the magic tower must go there to further improve their skills and widen their knowledge.

If one is deemed worthy and useful, they would be sent to the magic tower to serve.

"Um..." Eric hesitated.

"It would very beneficial for you. Having someone from the Skyler family as your backer will also make it much more easier. There's no reason to refuse. Or are not confident in your abilities?" Angelina could not understand why Eric seemed so reluctant to go.

She was sure he knew this was her plan for him for the beginning.

"It's not that I don't believe in my skills but it's that... I won't get to see m'lady often..." Eric's ears flushed red when he admitted.

"....oh" Angelina was stupefied.

His words were not wrong. When you enter the academy, you also live there. It will be indeed difficult to see each other.

"I could send you letters. It will also depend on how long it will take you to graduate from the academy. The faster you graduate, the faster we could meet face to face." Angelina said.

"T-then I shall work hard!" Eric seemed motivated.

"Don't push yourself though... I would not want you to die from overworking..." Angelina sighed.

"I shall do my best." Eric nodded obediently. He resembled a loyal puppy...

'Ah. Eric, I can see your tail wagging...'

*****************

In a dark room, the curtains were closed. Not a candle was lit. The only source of light was the sunlight that managed to slip in through the curtains.

A distressed maid looked over the crumbled up papers and slashed plushies. Finally her gaze landed on the figure kneeling on the bed. It was clear to the eyes that the young lady was frustrated.

"Miss... Don't be too upset. Everything will be alright." Carol tried to console her lady while picking up the crumbled papers on the floor.

No response was heard. But she did hear mumbling that she failed to discern.

"I finally escaped... And yet I still came back in the end... How ridiculous..." Evelina clenched the sheets tightly and quietly muttered to herself. Those deep blue eyes of hers were covered with anger.

"Miss-" Carol tried to approach but Evelina raised her arm and slapped Carol away roughly.

"Get out!" Evelina commanded loudly.

"S-sorry miss..." Carol quickly retreated and left cowardly.

***************

"Angelina, my dear daughter, I've brought you a gift, which I'm sure you'd be very pleased with." the duke clapped and laughed.