87

A/N: Since i didn't update yesterday, i made this chapter slightly longer.
____________________________

As she felt her consciousness return to her, Angelina felt someone hold her. She opened her eyes and realized she was laying on someone's lap.

Noticing Angelina's movements, Marie smiled and said, "Awake miss?" Angelina looked up and stared at her, slightly confused.

"Marie? How did..." she end up on Marie's lap? Wasn't Marie the one sleeping on her lap...? Angelina slowly got up and asked Marie, "When did you wake up..?"

"I woke up as soon as miss fell asleep. I was so moved from what miss did! I never knew Miss cared so much of this lovely, cute, helpful, and amazing maid.." Marie sighed and did a dramatic gesture. She started off sounding humble...but it seems she couldn't help but praise herself.

'...is it that hard to say something humble, Marie...? You were so close...' Angelina sighed and shook her head. But, she actually didn't mind Marie acting like this. Angelina used to, and perhaps still is an arrogant person. So having Marie who held a lot of pride as well, made her feel more comfortable in some way. Angelina knew, if she does something wrong to upset Marie, Marie wouldn't hesitate to scold her and put her in her place.

And...she sort of needs that. If not...she'll probably return to her overly arrogant self.

Marie let out a small yawn and rubbed her tired eyes.

"Marie, you should get more rest. It's clear your exhausted." Angelina stood up, walked over to her vanity table, and brushed her slightly messy hair.

"It's alright miss. If it's not me, then who will take care of miss?" Marie walked up to Angelina, took the brush from her hand, and carefully brushed the long silver hair.

"Then I'll just ask father to assign other maids to serve me." Angeline jokingly manner, but she was serious. She had been thinking about this for quite a while. Marie was the only maid serving her, but according to the rules of the mansion, she still needed to help the other servant with other tasks if she wasn't occupied with the ones Angelina assigned.

Marie was able to manage at first, due to her being quite the energetic person. But ever since the shop had massively grown in popularity, and Marie had to keep visiting and collecting the earnings. She became more tired and busy.

"....?" Angelina turned her head slightly after she heard the brush fall from Marie's hand. She sighed and stated, "I'm not replacing you, Marie. If I do obtain new maids, they'll only help you. Not completely take over your job."

Hearing Angelina's reassuring words, Marie's expression recovered from a distressed one to one of ease. She smiled and hugged Angelina from the back. "Thank you miss..." she hummed.

Angelina smiled and patted Marie's hands embracing her.

****************************

During lunch, Angelina decided to bring up the topic in mind.

"Father, My first rank maid, Marie is too overworked. I'm worried for her. If I may, but could this daughter request for father to assign me two more maids?" Angelina sat down her spoon and politely asked the duke.

"Hm? Alright then. If you have any specific maids in mind, feel free to tell me" The Duke nodded in agreement.

Angelina was quite surprised. She didn't expect for the duke to agree so easily. She suspects that it might be to her rise in reputation among the nobles. She's confident that the duke would just ignore her request if she didn't have an excellent reputation in the noble circle.