48

Everyone in the room or nearby who heard, were shocked. But Angelina wasn't.

She of course acted like she was, but she wasn't.

She had no intention of becoming Chase's fiancee. After this, she planned to pay a visit to the Casspan mansion and reject this offer.

But right now she must act shocked and flustered.

"Butler...you must have misread....perhaps you mistaken elder sister with me?" Angelina pretended to be hesitant and in disbelief.

"No at all. 'Angelina' has been clearly written" the butler responded calmly.

Everyone else was speechless.

To them it was clear that Evelina will end up as Chase's fiancee. She had debuted, had a good reputation, and a beautiful appearence.

But it seems they were wrong...

Not caring for her image, Evelina got up and left.

She couldn't bare the humiliation!

"Elder sister!" Angelina looked to be in distress on the outside, but she was mocking Evelina in her heart.

**********
Evelina's heavy footsteps could be heart throughout the hall.

She eventually tripped on her gown and fell. As she tried to get back up, she almost fell again.

She felt like the world was crashing on her.

She slowly made her way to her bedroom. And all she could do was stare blankly at the floor.

Then she glanced towards a storybook on her desk. She walked up to it and picked it up.

Tears started to fall on page.

She waited for so long. She tried so hard. But...was it all for nothing? No! She couldn't accept this!

She still remembered the dream she had ever since she was a toddler.

Her parents and brother spoiled her rotten. They would always call her 'little princess'. To the point she actually believed she was one.

She bought and read many storybooks about the female lead who will end up having a happy ending due to marrying a handsome prince.

She had grown obsessed to such storylines.

The kind, cute, and naive protagonist will eventually meet the handsome male lead and live happily ever after.

When she was a child, she would spent hours gazing at the night stars through her bedroom window and dream about when she will meet her prince charming.

She portrayed herself as a cute, kind, naive, beautiful, and shy young girl. But her true personality was very different.

She was selfish, ruthless, impulsively, and violent.

Even at a young age, she would throw extremely violent tantrums.

Even people outside the estate heard about her violent personality. Due to that, many young boys decided to cross her off their possible marriage candidates.

So she immediately changed how she acted. She never showed her true colors to anyone else except for her personal maid and her loyal subordinates.

She imitated the personalities of those female leads she read about.

She wanted to live a good life. A luxurious one, where she didn't need to care about anything in the world.

A life where all her problems would be solved for her by her devoted lover.