101

When the young ladies were volunteering to participate in the embroidery competition, surprisingly, Evelina volunteered as well.

Angelina stared at her, puzzled.

It wasn't unexpected for Arianna to participate in the competition, she was talented. But Evelina wasn't good at embroidery at all...

Once again, a palace servant lead the participating ladies to the side room. In the room was a large round table. Surrounding it was 12 seats. Fortunately, it was just enough for the 10 ladies who were competing.

On the table were embroidering tools and blank white handkerchiefs.

They all took their seats and their 1st rank maids stood behind them.

However, Angelina had Lia and not Marie, who was her first rank maid. So Lia was the one who stood behind her.

"Her highness, the princess has permitted for your graces to freely embroider anything on the handkerchiefs laid before you all. Do try to meet her highness's expectations." The palace servant who led them here said. He and a few more palace servants stayed with the ladies, to observe them.

Angelina sat between Evelina and Arianna. She calmly took her time embroidering.

When Angelina turned to her left, she found Evelina embroidering in a careless manner.

Angelina couldn't even tell what Evelina was embroidering. It was simply too messy. It looked like a random shape. It seems Evelina was just playing around...

As the ball continued, the participating ladies were given three hours to complete their handkerchiefs.

Angelina was halfway done when she swept her gaze over the other ladies. Eventually her gaze landed on a young lady possessing honey brown hair.

Lady Harper

She didn't seem to understand how to embroider. She seemed to merely be copying what others around her were doing.

After two hours of embroidering, they were given a 5 minute break. The maids went out to bring and serve their masters warm tea.

When Lia came back, she watched as Angelina drank her tea and messaged Angelina's shoulders.

"Is my lady tired?" She asked.

"Slightly. But I'm alright." Angelina responded, without giving her a glance.

"....."

"Lady Angelina, may I speak to you for a moment?" Arianna approched her.

"Of course." Angelina followed Arianna to the corner of the room to discuss. Arianna was discussing the plans of the boutique's opening.

Angelina was too focused in the conversation, she didn't even notice anything that happened around her.

"Everything is ready, lady Angelina. All it's left is the two unfinished gowns. But I assure you they will be ready soon." Arianna nodded. Her face remained expressionless.

"Very good." Angelina tapped Arianna's shoulder with a smile. When she walked back to her seat, she saw Evelina giving Carol her handkerchief.

Those who has finished their handkerchiefs early were instructed to give them to their maids, so their maids could take them to the palace servants.

It was shocking. Evelina was done? Was she trying to purposely lose? She had absolutely no talent in embroidery at all...

Angelina exhaled and sat back down on her seat. As soon as she sat down, Evelina stood and left. But not before casting her a mocking glance.