118

Staring at her master, Lia felt helpless and fearful. One would be shocked to find the usually gentle and virtuous lady Evelina behaving so cruelly and heartlessly.

Though she learned of Evelina's true colors long ago, Lia was unwilling to leave Evelina's side. After becoming Evelina's personal maid, she was much more respected in the mansion. In her opinion, working for Evelina isn't that bad. As long as you obey her every word, you'll be fine.

"My lady, would you like me to get you anything?" Lia asked.

"No. You leave." Evelina glanced at her with a cold gaze.

"Y-yes m'lady...!" Lia left in a rushed and timid manner.

"Tsk..." Evelina rolled her eyes, annoyed and bored.

**************

Rienne waited in the lobby as she paced back and forth nervously.

"My lady.... You need to calm down." Rienne's personal maid, Luna stood aside indifferently while watching Rienne panicking

"I can't calm down Luna! She is coming home!" Rienne panicked even more. Then she saw her father and twin brother hurriedly walk down the main stairs, they too seemed panicked.

Rienne watched as her father fixed his hair and inspected her brother's attire. They all stood together in front of the door and stared at it anxiously. 

Then...

"I'm back!" A beautiful woman with long red hair pushed open the door. She dropped the suitcase in her hand and looked at the three with a big smile.

"Hey mom..." Rienne awkwardly waved to her mother.

"Welcome back sweetheart...!" Rienne's father ran to his wife and put away his wife's coat for her, acting like an obedient wife welcoming her husband back from a trip. Even though it was the other way around...

"Hmph. How's everything? Did something worrying happen?" Duchess Balloria stood proudly, enjoying her husband's service.

"Nothing dear! Everything is well! But much has happened?" Duke Balloria messaged his wife's shoulders carefully. "Are you tired, my love? Should I ask the servants to bring you a fragrant cup of tea?"

"Hah, you must have been missing me!" Duchess Balloria guessed and raised her chin, looking very pleased and prideful.

"Indeed, indeed! Could I get anything for you, my beloved wife?" The duke hugged his dearly missed wife and acted intimately.

Adrien laughed at the side. His usually cold father actually acted so submissive. Only his mother could make his father act this way...

************

That night, Angelina sat alone in her room, painting. She didn't leave her room for the whole day. One wouldn't be able to discover her emotions by observing her expressionless face.

Angelina didn't exactly know why she was so unwilling to step out of her room. She just felt too ashamed and disgusted. Thus she decided to merely paint all day. Looking at her side, she could see four paintings that are laid to dry.

Suddenly a knock was heard from the balcony. The young lady already had a premonition in her heart about who it could be.

She lazily stood up and approached the source of the sound.

"Sorry for always bothering you Lily. I'm just worried, are you okay?" Charles asked after Angelina opened the doors.

"I'm fine... Why are you here?" Angelina sighed. She wasn't in a good mood therefore she responded with a not so happy expression. She didn't realize such a little action could affect his feelings so much.