55

"w-what....?" Angelina was dumbfounded.

"Skyler.....hah...I almost can't believe that you are able to say that word with a straight face..." Charles smiled. His smiled looked as if he was mocking himself.

"You.... how...." Angelina couldn't even find words to speak. "Wh-who are you...?"

"I just told you my name didn't I?"

"W-well..yes...but-....I" Angelina was somewhat speechless. She could feel tears forming in her beautiful golden eyes.

She was never a person who cried easily. Aside if it was an act. But... perhaps it was because she hadn't heard someone refer to her as Lilith in such a long time....

She could only be called Lilith in her dreams of her past memories..

But...she...she never met this man before. She was confident she first met him as Angelina and that she never met him in her past life...

But...how..?

Was he mistaking her for someone else..?

No...

He already sounds so confident in her true identity...he...he's definitely not mistaken her..

But still...no mather how hard she looked back in her memories.. she just couldn't connect the dots...!

Then she felt his warm finger wipe her tears away.

"Don't cry..." His tone and smile was gentle. There was extreme pain and doting in his eyes.

"B-but....how..." Those words were the only words her mouth could spout. She was utterly speechless. He just... caught her oof guard too much..

When she looked at his blue eyes again, she was only met with his eyes full of sadness and mockery for himself. Like...he was in pain...

"Why...."

'why do you look like you are more in pain than me...?'

"I'll explain later. You should eat first." He tried to hide the pain in his eyes and reached out his hand to spoon feed her.

Angelina didn't have the heart to reject his kindness and opened her mouth to let him feed her the soup.

She found it funny how she was cold-hearted in the face of others, but could not have the heart to reject being spoon fed by a man she barely knew...

The room was filled with silence. It should have felt slightly uncomfortable and awkward, but the both of them actually felt at peace.

************
The Casspan family once again paid a visit to the Skyler Mansion. This time they needed to talk about Evelina and Chase's engagement.

Angelina was deemed to be missing until a month has passed. If she is not found by then, well they would simply announce her death.

Both the Marquess and the Marchioness's expression was slightly uncomfortable and blank.

Chase's expression was also blank but he continued to be polite to others. He glanced at the beautiful lady that was soon to be announced his fiancee, she was smile shyly.

Chase's smile grew slightly dim. She did not look like a grieving sister at all..

The marquess and marchioness also noticed how happy Evelina looked. They were both strict in etiquette, so this was like a thorn in their eyes.

The duke was also smiling. As if nothing happened. Like it was just every ordinary day...

'How shameless...' the marquess and marchioness thought to themselves.

The only one who actually appeared to be worried was the duchess. Her eyes were full of tiredness and worry.

It seems like she didn't sleep well last night...

She also had a gloomy expression which caught the pity of the Casspan family.

**************
Someone else also had trouble sleeping last night...

It was Alice.

You could say she was familiar with the other noble ladies. But they were not necessarily her friends...

They would just speak to her for the sake of being polite. If it wasn't that then..they probably wanted something from her.

Angelina was sincere towards her, so Alice felt the need to cherish her friend.

Around Angelina she didn't need to always be cautious with her manners or put up her guard, and look out for hidden meanings in her words.

She could just....be herself and have fun.

But now....is her only true friend gone?

She couldn't believe it!

But when she tried to look for more information, they only told her Angelina was dead.

She couldn't accept it. She convinced herself that it was all a misunderstanding....

So...all she could do now was wait...

*************
Angelina was alone in her room, left dazed. Charles went out to bring the bowl back to the kitchen.

She was still stuck in the moment Charles called her by her real name.

"......" How long has she not been called that...?

She looked out of the window, the sun was beginning to set.

"Lily"

Angelina looked back and saw that Charles was back.

Charles didn't know what to call her right now. Should he call her Angelina? Or Lilith? He was not too sure so he called her Lily.

That what he used to call her anyway...

"Are you..... are you going to explain to me...now"

He nodded.

He sat down beside her and began to tell her how they met.

************