123

' Are you all shocked? Angry?Annoyed? Regretful? I hope you are.' Angelina flashed a provoking smile at the duke, Evelina, and Alex who were deathly pale. The feeling of victory surged in her heart.

Evelina panted with rage. 'She... She's Angel!? Very good Lilith... You actually managed to keep this hidden from me, huh!?'

The duke felt a mix of emotions stir in his heart. He felt slightly prideful knowing that it was his own daughter that is the respected Angel. But he also felt angry that his daughter actually dared to not inform him. She actually kept him in the dark... In his mind, Angelina is always the troublesome, rebellious, and unfilial child of the Skyler family.

Alex however felt this was all unfair. Why is Angelina the admired Miss Angel!? Angelina didn't deserve this in his mind.

'Everyone is being tricked by that wretch! Why must she be favored by all and Eve forgotten!? Eve deserves this more than her! She is supposed to be the happiest! ' Alex silently cursed Angelina a thousand times.

The duchess stood by herself as the tears fell to her chin from her eyes. She felt proud and relieved at the same time. She has been worried all this time. She knew she was weak and that her position as the duchess of the Skyler family was unstable. She feared that one day, she would be gone and Angelina would be trampled on and bullied. But now... She no longer needed to think of such thoughts!

Her daughter is truly amazing!

Rienne could not contain her shock, "Oh my Lord! Lina is Angel! Wait a second. Lina... Angel... Angelina! Damn I'm an idiot!"

"You are." Arianna pinched Rienne's cheek.

"Okay you didn't need to say it!" Rienne pinched Arianna's cheek as retaliation.

Elizabeth was pleasantly surprised. "So it's you! This princess really likes all your paintings! Even my mother likes them!" Elizabeth tugged on Angelina's cloak admiringly.

"Is that so? Thank you princess." Angelina knelt down and patted Elizabeth's shoulder gently.

"Lady Angelina, if I may ask, why did you hide your identity?" The empress approached them and asked politely.

"Answering your majesty's question. I have always had a passion for painting, thus I decided to open up a shop with the help of some friends. I concealed my identity because I didn't want people to buy from my shop just because of my status. Therefore I became anonymous and hid under the name 'Angel'." Angelina answered sincerely.

"But there's no excuse for hiding your identity from your own family!" The duke stepped out and interrupted.

"Father... I apologies but at that time I thought you would not let me open up my own shop, especially since I had not yet debuted back then." Angelina informed with a sad expression, appearing extremely pityful and wronged.

"How dare you not trust your own-!" The duke became impatient and wanted to scold her but was quickly interrupted by a cute voice.

"Hey!" Elizabeth stepped in between the duke and Angelina, "stop bullying lady Angelina! Did you forget she is a friend of this princess? Bullying her would be the same as bullying me!"

"Your highness..." The duke's frown deepened. If it weren't for Elizabeth's status as the empire's only princess and the reason that everyone is watching him, he would've rushed to slap her annoying face!

In the end the duke sighed frustratingly and retreated to the crowd.

Cecilia looked at the smiling Angelina who was being rained with praises and felt her blood boil. She was the one who has been tricked, why is she being humiliated!?