117

Angelina returned to her room right as soon as she was allowed to leave the table. She couldn't stand being in the same room as the duke and Evelina for long. She was afraid she would lose her control and start lashing out at them if she stayed for too long.

' Alright... Get it together Lilith... ' Angelina sighed with frustration.

She sat behind her desk and began reading through the papers gathered there. It was all filled with the recent news of the shops and current state of the empire.

Both of her shops were doing very well, especially the boutique. Arianna's designs are very detailed and unique. That's one of the main reasons why so many noble ladies came to Angelina's boutique instead of the other luxurious boutiques in the empire.

As for the Empire... After the second imperial concubine's scheme was discovered, there was much tension between the Lina kingdom and the Sainthallian Empire. Many suspected a war would be declared. But it seems that wasn't the case...

How did the Lina kingdom get themselves out of such a dilemma? By claiming it had nothing to do with them and that it was all by the second concubine's orders.

Angelina couldn't exactly determine whether it really was all the second concubine's doing, or if the Lina kingdom made her their scapegoat. But her guess was leaning towards the second option...

The Emperor decided not to declare war on the Lina kingdom, for the reason that his late father and the former king of Lina were close friends. All he asked of the Lina kingdom was for them to give the princess a deserving compensation.

The Lina kingdom obediently agreed. The Emperor was already being extremely benevolent, how could they reject? Giving compensation is much better than war...

"Miss..." Marie hummed lovingly after entering the room with an envelope in hand.

"What is the matter Marie?" Angelina rose to her feet and approached.

"A letter addressed to miss came! It seems to be about lady Rienne's upcoming birthday." Marie took out a letter opener and helped Angelina open the envelope.

"Does miss have a gown in mind to wear? Or should we go pay a visit to some of the popular boutiques around?" Marie seemed excited. It was expected. Marie loved dressing Angelina up.

"I do not have anything particular in mind but... Well, let us see later..." Angelina put down the invitation and sighed once again.

"Miss!" Marie clung to Angelina's arm and acted spoiled. She clearly wanted something and was just trying to act cute.

"What do you want?" Angelina was amused and caved in.

"Miss, I was invited by some of the other maids to check out a newly opened cafe and was quite interested... Miss wouldn't mind right? Please? This good maid has worked hard and deserves a nice break. I promise to get back to work immediately after!" Marie negotiated with sparkling eyes full of hope.

".... Okay." Angelina gave her permission and Marie hugged her tightly before leaving in a cheerful manner.

*************

Angelina carefully walked towards her room after being given a large box from Serina.

Earlier, Serina met her in an empty room to give her this, since Angelina's room was being cleaned by other servants.

Inside was apparently a gown Charles sent as a comfort gift. Angelina guessed he felt worried after yesterday and thought this gift would lighten her spirits.

The gown inside, Serina had already shown her. It was a breathtaking gown that very much suited her tastes. It was an off shoulder white gown with beautifully detailed flower designs on the skirt. Angelina was satisfied.