28

"miss, is he your secret lover!?"

Angelina froze up for a couple of seconds. She was completely stunned and embarrassed.

'oh my lord...Marie why would you say that!?'

Angelina tried to struggle free from this sudden hug. But Charles was too strong. His arms that were embracing her were strong as steel, and it just wouldn't budge.

"H-hey, let go!" Angelina struggled fiercely. However Charles turned deaf ears to Angelina's shouts.

It has been too long...
Angelina wouldn't know how long he has been waiting for this moment.

After a couple of seconds, Charles finally let go. Angelina turned to Marie and said

"Marie, he is not my lover! I have never see him in my life! The first time we met was with you, remember?" Angelina's face was red as a tomato. The situation was just too embarrassing.

Angelina's words stabbed Charles in the heart, and Charles came to a shocking realization.

"Lily....you don't remember me..?" Charles looked as if he just lost the world. He looked completely devastated.

"Huh? Oh right. Sir, i thank you for helping us, however I don't know you. I'm not this 'Lily' you claim I am."

"What...how..." Charles seemed like he was close to tears "Lily...your lying to me right..? It's me, Charles! Don't you remember..?"

"No, I don't. I told you I'm not Lily! Now, I'll be leaving. Again, thank you for helping us" she turned to Marie "let's go back home"

Angelina and Marie went back to the carridge. As the carridge started and made their way home, Charles merely stared at the direction the carridge left.

"Your majesty..." Aaron, Charles's aide came back after taking away the baron "your majesty, why are you just standing here? Haven't you been waiting for this?"

"Let's head to the imperial palace" Charles turned away and made his way back to his horse.

Aaron sighed. The emperor has been working hard just to meet Angelina, but in the end he just gave up.

"What's wrong with his majesty?" Another subordinate of Charles came over to Aaron.

"I don't know..."

"This doesn't seems like the emperor at all. If anyone would be so rude to him like that...they would probably be punished"

"Yeah ..."

"And... what is the relationship between his majesty and Angelina Skyler anyway?"

"I don't know..."

"It must not be simple...since the emperor came all the way here, just to see her"

*****
"Miss, who was that man?" Marie asked while taking off her mask

"He didn't say..." Angelina too took off her mask

"Is he the one who's been sending those gifts?"

"Maybe..." Angelina looked out the window and leaned her head on her hand.

"Oh right! Miss, how much did you win?"

"Hm? Oh...around 30 million"

"Wow! Really!?"

"Yes...really"

"Miss, what are you planning to do with that much money?"

"Well I plan to buy several shops...but for now i'll only buy one"