77

What she read gave her a strange dark feeling. She knew the real Angelina was certainly extremely sick, but reading the process leading up to the real Angelina's death, was slightly disturbing.

There were not many entries. Perhaps it's because the sick Angelina didn't have the energy to write for most of the time.

Angelina gently put down the diary and examined the music box. For an object belonging to a noble, it looked quite cheap. There weren't any beautiful decorations or carvings on the wooden music box.

Angelina found the little winding key and started to rotate it. A gentle and sweet tune echoed in the quiet room.

The music was sweet but also sounded distorted. The box seems to be slightly broken.

She closed the music box and flipped it over. There she saw small carved letters forming the words,

[ Happy birthday little miss! I know miss is going through a rough time right now. Miss must be sad that miss can't spend her birthday with her family. But don't worry, miss's most loyal maid is here! I hope miss likes my present! I hope the lovely music can ease miss's heart and help miss sleep.]

"Oh, this music box is from Marie..." Angelina muttered to herself.

It made sense. After all, at that time, the real Angelina only had Marie by her side when she celebrate her first birthday in the Vancelia empire.

A smile graced Angelina's face. The smile was gentle but also carried pity.

'It must've been hard for Marie to buy a gift for Angelina with the little money she had...' Angelina gazed lovingly at the music box. The real Angelina must've treasured this simple gift so much, that even she felt warm inside...

************************
"m-miss....." Carol said softly. Her body and voice trembled as she approached the beautiful young woman standing in front of the mirror, staring at herself dazed.

"What..?" The lady in front of the mirror responded with a quiet tone. She seemed slightly annoyed.

She was wearing an elegant white dress that outlined her slender waist. Making her look like a beautiful fairy that has descended from the heavens. But somehow, in Carol's eyes she looked even more threatening.

In this mansion, only few know truly terrifying her master can be.

"t-the...the young master of the Casspan family is here to see you..." Carol said with her head lowered. Her head was lowered so much, it almost touched the ground.

"oh...?" Evelina's previously cold eyes, flashed with interest.

"he...he's already waiting for m'lady in the drawing room..."

"Hm... take me there.."

"Yes...miss"

***********************
"It's nice to see you again, lady Evelina" Chase bowed and politely greeted her.

"It's nice to see you again as well, Chase" Evelina lifted her dress slightly and curtsied.

".........." Chase widened his eyes. He was slightly confused. Evelina would always call him by his name after 'brother'.

".......!" Evelina stared confusingly at the slightly dumbfounded Chase, before realizing her mistake.

'No...i need to stay calm...' Evelina composed herself and recovered her smiling, pure expression.

"Is something wrong, brother Chase..?" Evelina tilted her head and stared at Chase cutely.

Chase gazed into Evelina's eyes before shaking his head and spouted the words, "No. Nothings wrong m'lady."