142

"Pap!" Harper's words were cut off by a hard slap on her face. Evelina's eyes were red with rage as she glared at this unruly younger sister of her's. Harper stared at the face before her before slowly curling her lips to form a grin. It was only then did Evelina realize the sounds of footsteps approaching.

Evelina's heart shook and she immediately realized what was about to happen. She was actually tricked! Harper was purposely provoking her! Evelina panicked but there was nothing she could do as she had already fallen into a trap.

"Let's see how you like it when the victim act is against you this time." Harper smirked and moved into position. She sat down on the ground, as if she had been pushed, and held her swelling red cheek while she let her tears stream down her face. She had watched Evelina perform this act many times, thus she knew exactly what to do.

"Lady Harper!" Alice exclaimed in shock as she helped Harper up and supported her. Evelina and Harper have been away for some time thus they all grew curious and decided to see what was going on, they didn't expect...

"Evelina, what did you do!?" Rienne glared at Evelina with disgust.

"Lady Evelina, please explain." Lilith said with a cold expression on her face. Evelina knew Lilith was a part of Harper's little scheme, they were setting this all up to put her in a difficult situation and if she didn't act properly, this will damage other's view of her greatly. She knew this but she wasn't sure what she should do. Tell them the truth? But it's unlikely they will believe her. Make up a lie? They still won't believe her! Confess? That won't help her at all! Evelina really was backed up against a wall and there was no way to turn to...

Everyone present confirmed the speculations in their mind at Evelina's strange silence. What was on their mind is clear to anyone. Evelina and Harper were secluded from the rest, when they arrived, Harper laid on the ground, tears shedding down her fair face and Evelina was the only one standing, what couldn't be clear about this situation? It's not possible that Harper slapped herself and fell onto the ground willingly, right? In their minds, the whole situation was put together very quickly but most were still stunned. They all never liked Evelina but they didn't expect for her to harm such an innocent pure maiden like lady Harper!

"I see. If you are not going to explain what exactly happened, then I shall view this situation how I think it went about. Lady Evelina, you slapped Lady Harper and pushed her down because of anger? I didn't expect this from you. I really did want to try to form a friendship with you today, even after our relationship broke apart after I had left the Skyler family. I'm disappointed. I had generously invited you to my palace to enjoy tea together, however, instead of gratefulness, you disrespected me by showing up late and even harmed one of my dear guests!" Lilith stated aggrievedly. From her appearance, everyone realized how hurt the second princess was and all rushed around her to comfort her. Their princess was already magnanimous enough to welcome Evelina with open arms and yet this is what Evelina has done!?  Who does Evelina think she is!? Did she really think she is comparable to the second princess!?

"Hmph! Your highness, you are too kind! Lady Evelina has always been a self-centered brat! What could be expected from a seductive wh*re like her?" Rienne scowled at Evelina as she hugged Lilith's shoulders.

"Indeed, lady Evelina is being too much!" Alice turned to Evelina and questioned her, "Lady Evelina, do you bear no shame?"

"Lady Evelina, you truly do lack etiquette and respect, should I send one of my family's teachers to educate you?" Arianna sneered with ridicule written in her ice cold eyes.

"Don't blame lady Evelina, everyone. This was my fault. I had accidentally offended Evelina, it's inevitable for her to be angry." Harper said tearfully while leaning against Alice weakly.