9

Realizing the girl was her Angelina felt an ache in her heart. However she still kept watching. She then saw a maid approching little Lilith.

"Miss....miss shouldn't be out here for too long.. Miss's dress is already a little dirty.."

'oh... it's Olivia..'

Olivia was Lilith's nanny ever since she was a baby. Olivia is a 39 year old women. Lilith's mother was always very close to Lilith, she also disagreed when Marquess Bailey wanted to adopt Lilith. Because of this Olivia was more like the mother figure in Lilith's life than Marchioness Bailey. Unfortunately Olivia died due to illness when Lilith turned 15

"oh....hey Olivia.."

"Yes little miss?"

"Do you think sir Chase will like these flowers..?" Said little Lilith while blushing slightly

Hearing his name Angelina flinched. Ever since she was reincarnated hearing his name or even remembering him gave her chills. Angelina's face slightly darkened as she remembered her blinded love for Chase in the past.

"Of course he'll like it, how could he not like a gift given by the beautiful little miss" Olivia assured her with a smile

"Really..?..hehe.. that's good!"

Angelina felt disgusted at her past self's words. In the past Lilith was deeply in love with Chase. She would be very spoiled, arrogant, and willful towards others exept for a few people like Olivia, her adoptive family, and also Chase. She would spend all day trying to perfect herself to impress Chase. Thinking about all the things she would do for Chase, Angelina felt shivers down her spine.

Suddenly the things around her warped from a flower garden to a living room. Angelina sees herself, her adoptive parents, the Casspan couple, and also Chase. The last time she saw Chase was at her execution looking emotionless and cold, but right now he looked gentle, and nice.

"Lilith this is Chase Casspan, he is now your fiancee" Marquess told Lilith

"...uhm... greetings sir Chase Casspan!.. I'm Lilith Bailey..." Lilith greeted Chase with an elegant curtsy

"Hello lady Lilith" Chase greets Lilith with a bow

Angelina remembered this moment clearly, this was the first time she met Chase. She didn't know why she fell in love with Chase, it might be because he was introduced to her as her fiancee and she has grown to think of him in that way.

Watching them both introducing themselves made her extremely uncomfortable. It felt like a knife stabbed her heart. Then everything around her warped again.

She was now in a field, behind her was a hill that had a big tree on top. A boy was sitting reading a book. His golden hair was shining brightly, and his pair of purple eyes shined like a pair amethyst. It was Chase.

Then she saw a beautiful girl running up the hill towards the boy. Her black hair as dark as night, and her green eyes as beautiful as emeralds. Lilith had a wide smile on her face.

"Brother Chase! Brother Chase! "

"Lady Lilith..?"

Lilith was panting, trying to catch her breath.

"Why have you come here lady Lilith?"

"Hmp...brother Chase.... we've known each other for a year now..and we're also engaged! Stop acting so polite!" Lilith said while pouting.

"Okay..okay" Chase said with a smile

"...!" Lilith blushed at Chase's angelic smile

"I- i..umm..what are you reading brother Chase..?"

"It's nothing much.."

Lilith sat down beside Chase and glances at the book. It seems like the book was about sword fighting.

"..?.." Lilith then looks at Chase, and asks "Why are you reading this brother Chase..?"

"Ah.. it's nothing...I..just....I know it's kinda stupid..but..Im really interested in swordsmanship and I...haha..I always wanted to be the most skilled swordsman of the empire....so I plan to start training next month"

"..!.. That's not stupid brother Chase! I'm sure you'll be an amazing swordsman! No you'll be the best!"

Chase smiled to Lilith's encouraging words and patted her on the head.

Seeing this scene made Angelina uncomfortable again. She always supported him, cared for him, and was always by his side, yet at her execution he didn't even seem sad.

He was the best fiancee she could have asked for. He was kind, caring, patient, and also extremely charming.

Sadness, anger, and regret filled her heart. Her heart felt so much pain as if someone was shooting arrows to her heart.

Then everything warped again, turning to darkness. Angelina suddenly opened her eyes and immediately sat up her bed.

She finally woke up from her dream, or nightmare. She looked at the window and it was already a little dark outside.

She got up from her bed and walked towards the door, but then suddenly Marie opens the door while shouting "miss!-"

"Ah!"

"Ah!"

They both screamed at the same time. They looked at each other's shocked faces and laughed.

"Hahaha.. sorry miss.."

"It's fine Marie.."

Marie then told her dinner was ready and that Angelina should immediately head to the dining room.

Once Angelina entered the dining room she found the duchess, Evelina, and the duke. The duke looked upset and furrowed his eyebrows as soon as Angelina came in. The duchess's expression looked awkward, and Evelina looked like she was about to burst in tears.

"..?" Angelina tilted her head in confusion as she didn't know why the atmosphere was so strange, but the suddenly the cook slammed his hand on the table, that caused everyone in the room to flinch.

"Angelina Van Skyler!"

"..!"

"You ungrateful child! How dare you treat your sister so awfully!?"

"..!?.. what are you talking about father..?"

"Hmp! How dare you ask that question!..how could you ask a maid to put insects on Eve's bed!?"

"...w-what!? Father I never did such a thing!"

"Don't talk back to me young lady!"

Angelina was shocked and upset. She didn't do anything yet she was already being yelled at!? What the heck happened while she was sleeping!?

"Father.. it's okay..maybe sister Angelina was just.. playing a joke.."

"A joke!? Eve, you are really too kind! Your sister ordered some random maid to put insects on your bed yet you still want to forgive her!?"

"..!?"

It took Angelina a couple of seconds to realize what was happening, but she then realized that this must be Evelina's doing! She deliberately framed Angelina!

"Father I didn't do anything! I swear I was taking a nap the whole time!"

"Hmp! You still dare deny it! Bring that maid over now!"

Suddenly two maids escorted another maid to the dining room. The maid being escorted looked calm and composed.

Angelina immediately knew this maid was biased towards Evelina and was on Evelina's side.

"Speak! Tell me exactly what happened!"

The maid was silent then she lifted her head to look at Angelina. She then smiled at Angelina, her expression seemed as if she was mocking Angelina. She then turned to the duke and was about to open her mouth when...

'....The traveling soul'

Once Angelina thought of her power and her target, time stopped and everything around her turned dark and all that can be seen is the maid and Angelina.