31

"y-"

"Well i'll see you around Evelina!" Before Evelina could even say anything, Angelina's arms let go and she left.

"....." Evelina was left confused and speechless in the deserted hallway.

Angelina happily walked around the mansion. Remembering Evelina's scared and confused face made Angelina's heart burst in joy.

Angelina looked around the luxurious mansion and she couldn't help but remember the other mansion she lived in.

She somehow missed the Bailey mansion. It was because she made many memories there. Whether it was good or bad.

She was taught many things in her past life. Such as politics, economics, flower arrangement, a little bit of swordsmanship, manners, and many more.

Thinking back at those happy times, Angelina smiled.

How amazing it would be if it stayed happy.

Unfortunately she had to fall in love with the wrong person and mess with the wrong person.

Logically, Angelina shouldn't mess with Evelina again, and she probably should avoid her. But she just can't...

Just thinking of that evil woman smiling happily and living her life in bliss made Angelina feel uncontrollable anger and grit her teeth.

But at the same time, she wanted to thank Evelina. Without her, Angelina wouldn't have learned her adoptive family's true colors and learn her ways.

Now she knew better. She was too impulsive in the past. In the past she accidentally ruined her reputation and made everyone hate her. Due to that, no one wanted to help her when she needed someone the most.

Angelina clenched her fist in determination.

She was determined to a live a better life than before! And she was determined to find out the mystery behind her death!

Eventually, Angelina bumped into the duchess.

"Huh? Oh Lina"

"Oh hello mother"

"What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing...just walking around"

"Hm...would you mind coming with me?"

"Of course not mother"

Angelina followed the duchess to an empty lounge.

They sat down on opposite couches. In the middle of the couches was a table filled with pastries the duchess asked the maids to prepare.

Angelina stared at the pastries with stars in her eyes. Due to the mess at the previous tea party, Angelina was unable to even touch the sweet treats!

The duchess let out a quiet giggle. She thought Angelina looked really cute.

"Ahem ahem...what did you want to discuss with me mother?"

"I know you and your brother don't get along. But I hope you two won't cause trouble for each other. We don't want to anger your father after all"

"Don't worry mother, I wouldn't do anything unless I am provoked"

The duchess sighed.

Angelina suddenly remembered something she was very curious about.

"Mother"

"Yes?"

"Have you heard of....lady Lilith?"