107

"Wake up miss! The sun has risen!" Marie asked while carefully placing down a bowl full of warm water.

Angelina reluctantly got up and walked towards the table and Marie. She put her hands into the bowl filled with petals and water and began washing her face.

"Is miss planning to go anywhere today?" Marie asked as she turned away to take the dress she has prepared for Angelina.

"No, not today." Angelina stretched out her hand, took a towel, and wiped her wet face.

Then she raised her arms, when Marie helped her put on the dress. Rather than the gown she wore on the princess's birthday, Angelina felt much more comfortable wearing this.

***************

Eric expected his breakfast to be delivered by Marie, but instead... it was Angelina.

"L-lady Angelina? What are you doing here?" Eric closed his book and walked towards Angelina to help.

"Marie deserves a break and I need to talk to you." Angelina put down the bowl.

"I presume it's about entering the academy, is that right?" Eric sat down and picked up the spoon.

"Of course." Angelina took out her handkerchief and wiped her hands.

"But how?" Eric ate a spoonful of soup.

"Of course, as a high standing aristocrat's daughter, I can make you enter without even the need for you to partake in the entrance examination. But..." Angelina smiled. As if she knew that Eric understood what she meant.

"You want me to participate in the entrance examination?" Eric raised his brows.

"Well of course. I have big plans for you. If you enter the academy through 'the back door'... It wouldn't be good for your reputation. I can't have your name tarnished like that." Angelina tapped her fingers on the table.

"True... Then what do I have to do?" Eric put down the spoon.

"I need you to pass the entrance examination. When you do enter the academy, don't reveal all your skills immediately. But do show them enough for them to respect you. Make time for the people around you to trust you before truly revealing your abilities." Angelina grabbed her handkerchief and proceeded to wipe of the soup stains around Eric's mouth.

"I-i understand!" Eric's face flushed red. Angelina leaning against the table, he had never seen her face so close.

"It's good that you understand. It makes things easier for me." Angelina sighed.

"But... Do you think his grace will intervene?" Eric coughed.

"Oh, my father? Probably not. He's been trying to curry my favor recently. I'm confident he doesn't want to offend me... At least for now." Angelina folded her arms, looked down, and thought silently.

"Then... What has Evelina been doing...?" Eric's eyes darkened as he asked Angelina.

"I'm not too sure. I haven't seen her around the mansion these days. She's been attending more events than she has ever did." Angelina knew Evelina has been trying to create more relations.

And Alex? He's been trying to avoid her. But when they do meet, he merely glares or insult her.

But Angelina no longer cared. Though she does constantly feel the urge to just punch him in the face.

****************

"Lizzy! Don't run! You'll injure yourself!" Leon tried to stop his little sister.