13

The duchess was stunned by Angelina's question and she didn't know how to respond.

"Of course I'm happy dear!....having you both as my children are the best thing that has happened to me!" The duchess said with a smile, but inside her heart was breaking. Everytime she remembered the past, she would feel as if a thousand ants are biting her heart. Sometimes she would just stay in her room and daydream about what would happen if the knight she loved wasn't killed.

"That's good!" Angelina no longer wanted to continue this topic so she immediately ended the topic.

"Oh right...!" The duchess said "Viscount Urisha's second daughter died a few days ago...and they'll be holding a funeral soon..and we will have to attend"

"Wait....Ella died..?" Evelina was stunned.

"How did she die..." Angelina asked the duchess. Angelina didn't know much about Viscount Urisha's second daughter, Ella Urisha. All she knows about Ella is that she used to be a friend of Evelina.

"She died in carridge accident...I don't really know much about it.." the duchess said with a sad face.

Ella used to come to the Skyler mansion to have tea with Evelina. The duchess have met Ella before and thought she was a calm and sensible girl. It was too bad she died in such a way..

Tears flowed down Evelina's face. To others it would look like a grieving friend who just lost someone very precious to them, but in reality Evelina was merely acting. Evelina thought Ella was useful tool for her plan but Evelina actually lost a useful pawn!

Angelina could tell what was going on inside Evelina's head and felt disgusted. Her "friend" just died in a horrible way and this is how she reacts to it!?

"When...hiks hiks..will...the...sniff...funeral be held mother?" Evelina said while sobbing. Angelina had seen Evelina cry countless times by now and felt nothing seeing her cry. Plus why should she care!? Evelina was not actually devastated! Those were merely crocodile tears!

"Uh...I think next week.." the duchess answered Evelina's question. The duchess felt bad for Evelina. She knew Evelina was quite close to Ella, so she immediately comforted Evelina "it'll be alright dear.... don't cry..."

Angelina looked at them both with pity in her eyes. She also comforted Evelina, but the one she pitied wasn't Evelina but the duchess. She pitied the duchess who fell for Evelina's fake tears so easily.

"Sniff..sniff...thank you sister..." Evelina said and immediately hugged Angelina "your the best sister ever..!" Evelina said with 'sincerety' and 'gratefulness'

Angelina felt disgusted. She felt like she was being hugged by a dirty pig when Evelina hugged her. Evelina's "sincere" words sounded like a dying cat to Angelina's ears. She wanted to puke but she kept her sweet expression and reluctantly hugged Evelina back "of course Sister...I will always be here for you...."

*****
Angelina was finally back in her room. Marie had finally returned. She looked extremely satisfied when she came back. Marie had been worked to the bone by the head maid, so when Angelina gave her a day off she was extremely happy. She shopped to her heart's content and ate many delicious food. She doesn't have much money but Angelina gave Marie some of her money so Marie could shop more. Marie was extremely touched at her lady's kindness.

Marie was smiling so brightly that her smile could blind Angelina.

Angelina was happy seeing Marie happy though.

Angelina gave Marie some money but in truth she didn't have much on her either. Her allowance was quite a lot for a commoner but it was barely enough for a high rank noble's daughter like Angelina.