16

"You son of a b*tch! I'll make you pay for this!" The woman kept cursing the man. She looked enraged.

"Yeah! Don't think your so high and mighty! Your nothing but a bastard!" The young man with the middle aged woman cursed at the man too. They left in rage and kept cursing him until their voices couldn't be heard.

"Hmm...I wonder...what happened..?" Alice said. She looked at the middle aged woman and young man with disdain when they passed her.

"Well it's none of our business, so she should just forget it." Said Angelina.

Alice and Angelina chatted for a while before parting ways.

Marie also started to be friendly with Alice's personal maid, Sherry.

They all seemed to get along well. Angelina left in a good mood. But her good mood was soon destroyed as soon as she arrived in the mansion.

When she was walking towards her room, Evelina passed her with a seemingly innocent smile. However that innocent smile was hiding an evil victorious smile.

Angelina noticed the hidden meaning and had a bad feeling. She felt that the next few days would be very...messy.

After Marie helped Angelina changed into a more comfortable dress, Marie left to rest. Angelina put the book she bought in the drawer with the her special book.

She took out some books and studied till she went to bed.

The next morning Angelina ate breakfast in her room and so did Evelina. The duchess was very busy now days since the duke isn't here to take care of the duchy's and estate's affairs.

As soon as she finished her breakfast, Angelina changed and wore a black cloak. And decided to go to town again. Angelina told Marie she didn't have to come with her but Marie insisted.

"Marie, you seem tired everyday...just take a break!" Angelina said. She wanted Marie to rest since Marie works so hard everyday.

"But miss! I swear I'm fine! I wanna come with miss! What if someone causes miss trouble? I won't be there to help you miss!" Marie said with fire in her eyes.

"Marie... I'll be fine.."

"Miss please let me come with you! I...I don't wanna stay here with that devil disguised as the head maid!" Marie said. She looked like she could burst into tears at any moment.

Marie really dislikes the head maid. The head maid was cold, and too strict. She also was afraid to leave Angelina alone. Ever since Angelina was a child, Marie has always been on her side. And because of that, to Marie, Angelina is a delicate flower that has to be protected.

Eventually Angelina gave up and let Marie come with her.

When they arrived in town, they were greeted with the smell of fresh bread. The kids were also running around, laughing and chasing each other.

Today Angelina wanted to explore the town alone, but Marie kept following her...

They spent some time eating food, exploring the town and even talking to the children

Suddenly as they were walking they heard a loud crashing sound coming from a nearby shop.

It was the same shop she saw yesterday with Alice. Yesterday an angry middle aged woman and young man ran out in anger cursing someone who seems to be the shop's owner.

A couple of hooligans were breaking the glass window, and also the things inside the shop.

The customers ran out of the shop with a terrified expression on their faces. And some of the running customers accidentally bumped into Angelina.

Soon the hooligans who were trashing the shop escaped.

"Miss!" Marie immediately pulled Angelina away "miss this place is dangerous! Let's just go back to the estate!"

"Wait..." Angelina approached the shop.

"Miss!" Marie followed Angelina.

Angelina approached the man she say yesterday who was being cursed at. Some of the staff who worked at the shop surrounded the owner. They looked scared and nervous.

"What happened..?" Angelina asked the owner.

The owner looked at Angelina in surprise. The owner could tell Angelina was noble because of her clean skin, a little bit of her dress that was not hidden with the cloak and the maid who was following her around.

"It seems that my stepmother and half brother hired a couple of hooligans to destroy my shop..." The man said with a defeated expression.

"How are you so sure it is them?" Angelina asks the owner

"I just know it's them. No one else would do this..."

"Why don't you call the guards or the authorities to take care of this?"

"I have no proof that proves it is indeed my stepmother behind this accident"

"Hey! Why are you trying to get involved anyway!? This is no matter for a kid like you!" A man who worked in the shop and didn't notice Angelina was a noble shouted with disdain.

Angelina glanced at him with cold eyes. The man shivered. Angelina didn't have the aura of a girl her age at all!

Angelina said coldly "I have my own reasons.."

Marie was very upset and annoyed at the man. She shouted at him with fury "hey! How dare you say such a thing to my miss!?"

"Hah! I don't care who your miss is!" He said with an arrogant expression. The man was the illegitimate son of a rich merchant. He thought quite highly of himself.

"You!" Marie was even more furious. She wanted to tear that ugly arrogant expression of this bastards face right now!

"How dare you be so disrespectful to my miss! If you mess with my miss, you can't afford the consequences!" Marie warned him

"You- do you know who I am!? My father is-"

"Bla bla bla! Whoever your father is he can't possibly match my miss!" Marie mocked and interrupted the man.

"You b*tch!" He said while raising his hand to slap Marie. His hand almost hit Marie's face but suddenly Angelina grabbed the man's wrist at the last second.

The man was shocked and furious. He then tried to hit Angelina with his other hand, but Angelina caught the other hand too.

Angelina smiled and said "sir aren't you being too aggressive? You can be charged for attacking a noble's maid."

"Noble..?" The man froze

"Lady Angelina!" Both guards that came with Angelina finally came back. A while ago, Angelina told them to do whatever they want and come meet up back where the carridge was. They were passing by when they heard a man screaming and saw a familiar lady with silver hair."

One of the guards checked if Angelina was okay and the other one restrained the man.

"Hey! Let go of me!" He said, screaming like a madman.

"Sir you could be arrested for assaulting a noble! How dare you try to cause harm to a Duke's daughter!" The guard said.

The man was stunned. A noble..? A Duke's daughter!?

He glanced at Angelina. She was wearing an evil smirk. Her eyes were cold. And her eyes glowed in the darkness, caused by the cloudy sky.

"Oh my sir... assaulting a high ranking noble's daughter could lead to extreme charges..." Angelina said. Her looked even more cold and she covered her mouth with her hand, making it look as if she is pitying him.