69

Evelina was horrified even more. why? Why in the world did he smile!?

Although she didn't truly love him. She still knew his personality; warm.

So, what exactly happened to the gentle and warm Chase?

"Truly unmannered! What did your teachers even taught you!?" The marquess finally spoke.

"Your grace...this....this is all a misunderstanding! I-i was just having a bad day a-and... forgot!" Evelina tried to make an excuse.

"We do not want to hear your excuses! Do you take me for a fool, lady Evelina?" The marchioness bit her lip.

As if her plan changed, Evelina quickly chose another strategy.

"Your grace... Why are you making this difficult for me? I-i really didn't mean anything...." Eveline who said this, was unaware of a maid in the room who widened her eyes and sneered.

"What did you say!? Are you blaming me now lady Evelina!?" The Marchioness was a person who was gentle with people she had a good impression of, but was not merciful towards people she disliked.

"Marchioness....." Evelina once again turned to Chase and tugged his sleeve. Her beautiful teary blue eyes stared at him.

By this point, Chase, if going along with the first timeline, should've felt his heart soften and immediately took action to protect her.

But instead, he looked at her with eyes filled with contemplating and judgment. As if he was thinking about something.

The maid standing in the corner of the parlor with Carol, seeing Chase's indifference, her smile widened.

*************
Evelina returned to the Skyler estate in a embarrassed and ashamed manner. Everyone instantly knew something was wrong.

The Duke and Duchess rushed to comfort her and so did Alex.

The extra maid who followed Evelina to the Casspan estate with Carol, her eyes which were previously lifeless, began to be filled with life again.

The maid looked around in confusion and was stupefied.

The Skyler family tried to console the crying Evelina, but she didn't open the door.

Everyone was worried. Even the servants were confused and curious about what happened to their eldest miss.

Angelina, Marie, and Eric were the only who wasn't bothered and was instead pleased. To them, the next few days in the mansion would be much more comfortable without her.

*************
Angelina spent her days leisurely. Since she has finally debuted, she was able to attend bigger events and banquets.

She was able to establish a good reputation under her name.

Angelina established herself as an elegant, dignified, intelligent, and humble lady on her debut. She has learned her lesson. In the past, no one liked her arrogant personality. So she began to act humble.

How you establish yourself on your debut was important. It will determine how people judge and view your character.

Evelina established herself as a cute, innocent, and ditzy girl, and that's how people view her character.

Angelina managed to find herself a few followers and allies. Such as lady Arianna from the Chandler family, Alice from the Illiya family, lady Rienne from the Balloria family, and even the noble ladies she met before.

Most of the nobles agreed that she was a polite and intelligent young lady. They also agreed that they should not offend her. The Emperor and Empress, and even the powerful Emperor of the Vancelia Empire came to the debut! Of course they didn't dare offend or belittle her.