141

[ Lady Evelina Van Skyler, we are sorry to inform you that your engagement to our family's young master, Chase Casspan, is broken. This engagement was meant to be advantageous for both families, however due to many unfortunate reasons, this doesn't seem to be the case.]

Silence swept over the room as even Lia was too afraid to even let out the faintest sob. She almost didn't even dare to breathe. She could see how turbulent and unstable her master's heart is after reading the letter bringing catastrophe. Evelina's eyes were locked on the piece of paper, her gaze burning with the blazing desire to rip the letter apart! But no trace of strength appeared in her now frail and pale arms. All she was capable of doing that moment was just to sigh. She had already expected this day would come, but it was still hard to accept it.

Shortly after. the sound of something grazing the wooden floors sounded in the two ladies's ears. It was another letter. Unwilling to keep her irritated master waiting, Lia quickly grabbed the letter that had been slid in from under the door and handed it to Evelina. This new letter was much different from the previous one, as this particular one had the imperial seal. Someone belonging to the royal family sent this, and it wasn't hard to guess who.

Evelina took out the note inside the envelope and read the words handwritten on it carefully. This turned out to be an invitation. An invitation for princess Lilith's first royal tea party that will be held the next day. Ridiculous. She has just received the news that she had been abandoned by her fiance and now she was being invited to some tea party...

Evelina wanted to refuse, however, how could she? The distance between their standings are so far apart now. It would only be deemed as disrespectful if she refuses this 'kind grace'. Thus, with a heart full of reluctance and resentment, Evelina wrote and sent a letter informing of her attendance.

***********

Under a clear blue sky and the shining sun, an extravagant garden was being prepared for the tea part of the second princess. The morning's atmosphere was just right. The birds sang amusingly for the upcoming guests and the flowers in the garden of the Eternal Rose Palace were in full bloom. The scent of freshly baked pastries and fragrant tea hung over the table of delicious goods. Standing amongst the eye-catching scenery was a rare beauty with an angelic face

Lilith watched closely as the servants obediently worked with much care. Lilith smirked with satisfaction at the sight, how could they not be obedient after she had gifted them all money?When Lilith heard the voices of the arriving guest, she stood up to greet them with a smile. Of course she had carefully arranged who would attend her tea party. All the noble ladies that have been invited to attend are either noblewomen from influential families, young ladies that are easy to be persuaded, or women that share the same hatred for Evelina.

"It's an honor to be able to attend, thank you for inviting this subject, princess Lilith." Countess Salvania spoke after giving Lilith a respectful bow.

"This humble one greatly appreciates your highness's grace." The one who spoke was Viscountess Arielle. Though she is merely the wife of a baron, her name is known throughout the capital as one of the most cultured and educated women. This woman is famous for her many skills such as being able to play twelve musical instruments.

"Princess, this humble subject greets you. Thank you for inviting this one." Harper smiled sweetly with a modest appearance.

"Your highness!" Alice wore a big grin as she curtsied before giving Lilith a gentle hug.

"So nice to see you again, Princess Lilith. It is this subject's greatest pleasure to be accompanying you today." Arianna entered, a dignified air surrounds her as always.