62

Angelina's previous indifferent expression softened as she read his letter. Her heart subconsciously turned warm.

As Angelina gazed out her window, the sunlight shone through and fell upon her silky smooth silver hair. Making it seems like it's sparkling.

************
That night, Charles was, once again, on the balcony of his study in the mansion, gazing at the beautiful and bright moon.

The stars were out and moonlight shined upon the garden that could be viewed from the balcony.

The silent and peaceful night reminded him of a certain black haired lady.

Perhaps it was because her hair was as the same color of the beautiful night sky. Or maybe because her name 'Lilith' means 'goddess of the night', or 'belonging to the night'.

He still remembered how many times he and the young Lilith would spend on the balcony, laughing and spending time under the stars.

He felt sympathy for her.

While trying to find out why Lilith was executed, he found many insults that were thrown at her.

Many called her an evil, bratty, and rude woman. A woman who always thought of herself higher than everyone.

Which displeased everyone, as marquess Bailey didn't hide her origin. She was a commoner, an orphan, a beggar.

So seeing her arrogant demeanor, many nobles were annoyed and offended.

But to him, she wasn't all like that.

He saw her as somewhat an innocent and simple minded girl. When someone has done wrong to her, she would hold a grudge in her heart.

She acted arrogant because she was insecure of her past as a commoner. So she acted arrogant to try to hide her lowly origin.

When she was in love, she didn't hide it and openly expressed her affection.

He just saw her as somewhat simple and naive, yet was also clever. She was someone who was blinded by love.

He really felt sympathy towards her.

He didn't think she deserved such an end.

************
Today, Angelina's manners teacher was extra strict on her. Since her debut was coming.

However Angelina didn't complain. If she were the real Angelina, then it would be quite difficult for her, since the real Angelina never had manners class.

But Angelina had spent a lifetime studying and attending these classes. In fact her old manners teacher was much more strict on her.

"Well done, m'lady" Melissa clapped her hands and congratulated. She was quite impressed. Most young ladies would whine about their discomfort, but she didn't.

Not to mention, she did everything perfectly.

"Thank you for the praise, countess"

"I think we're done here today. Go and rest, you'll have a big day, the day after tommorow."

"Haha. Indeed." Angelina watched as the countess cleaned up her belongings and left.

After she left, Angelina breathed a sigh. The day of the debut was the most important, but today and tommorow are also important.

They needed to get everything perfect. If something were to go wrong, it could mess the whole event.

Plus Angelina needed to keep her eyes sharp. There were many people in the mansion that despises her and would gladly try to ruin everything.