41

"....." Evelina's expression darkened immediately. But she quickly covered it up.

Unfortunately, Chase has already seen her expression the second before she was able to recover her usual smiling expression.

Evelina was smiling but she was gritting her teeth. Her heart turned cold and filled with murderous intent.

'that bitch..! She is clearly showing off her skill in embroidery!' right now, Evelina really wanted to run towards Angelina and slap her countless of times.

"Then forgive me for interrupting lady Angelina's rest" Chase said with his signature charming smile.

"No at all, sir Chase! Sir Chase did nothing wrong! It is my pleasure to be receiving a visit by sir Chase."

If it was the past, Angelina would've felt her heart turn warm seeing his charming and warm smile.

But now, her heart merely turned cold towards Chase's warm smile and manner.

"Lina, if your still tired, you don't need to force yourself" the duchess said with concern.

"It's alright, mother. I'm no longer tired!" Angelina reassured the worried Duchess.

"Hm... alright"

"Master, the drawing room is now available to enter" a maid spoke.

"Hm good!" The duke led them all to the drawing room.

Since they all just had tea, only the duchess, Evelina, Angelina, and Chase drank tea.

They all sat down and began to chat again.

"Hahaha. Although this is not the first time we met, this is the first time I have met you as a possible son in law" the duke said while laughing.

Chase smiled warmly and sipped his tea.

"My lady." Carol came in holding a handkerchief and handing it to Evelina.

"Hm? What is that, Eve?" The duchess asked.

"Well...umm..." Evelina shyly handed it to Chase. "I-im...I'm not very good at embroidering like Angelina...but I tried. "

"I wanted to give brother Chase this...."

Chase gazed at the handkerchief.

"Al-although...I'm not brother Chase's official fiancee, I'm a candidate..!"

Chase's gaze moved from the handkerchief and to the flushed girl handing it to him.

"........" Chase took the handkerchief and smiled.

"Thank you, lady Evelina"

Evelina smiled brightly.

"Oh my..!"

"How sweet....!"

The few maids standing aside were suprised and pleased. One of the maids leaned against their friend and whispered.

"It seems lady Evelina is in love!"

"it's such a nice scene to see... they do look like a match made in heaven" the other maid whispered back. Smiling with joy.

Angelina clenched both of her fist tightly.

This was obviously a scene to humiliate Angelina!

By doing this, Evelina showed that she already thought of Chase as a engagement partner. And if Angelina gets engaged with Chase, she would be labeled as a 'sl*t', a 'jealous b*tch', and more.