Chapter 87:The truth about Priest Gabiel

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I was sitting next to Gabriel as i was planning to break the question just as Rick had asked me too but it was proving more difficult then i had first anticipated. Gabriel seemed to be such a nice guy, a coward but nice none-the-less so asking him something that was clearly personal would be hard for me. I cleared my throat and scooted closer to the rigid male "um...Carl and i were...walking around the grounds and we noticed something" he tensed even more, if that was evern possible.

I sighed "it said you'll burn for this, do you mind telling me what that means? I mean if it's too personal then you don't have too!" i clarified, he nodded "no, it's only right that i tell you, after all i you all saved my life" the shiney headed man stood and faced the group "you're probably wondering what my backstory is and how i managed to stay alive for so long without anyone else here..." he took a deep breath "well the truth is i wasn't the only one, the kids that went to the church and their parents, they were banging on the door desperate for me to let them in as a hoarde of those...things were after them".

The group sent each other wary glances "but i was too afraid of letting them in, i was a coward, the died out there that day, i left them to die and it's all my fault. That's why the 'you'll burn for this' was carved into the church, they somehow found the time while dying to write it up there" (that was something  i was wondering it while i watched the episode XP) Gabriel seemed to be on the verge of tears. the poor man was stricken with guilt, so much so he became even more cowardly then before.

I stood and squeezed the man's shoulder "it's okay, we understand, the past is the past you can't change it, now you have to move on and keep living otherwise this guilt of yours wil destroy you" the other's nodded at my words in agreement and Gabriel smiled in appreciation. Before retreating back to the podium where he continued writing a small speech for the wedding.

Well that explains one thing but still to hide out in the church for so long, it's been a couple years since the apocalpyse started (that's weird to say but yeah, you were 11 when this started out and now you're like...14 or something IDK maybe 15?) in all that time to have not killed ever 1 walker? That's impressive actually, Carl walked over taking my hand and leading me to a pew to take a seat "yeah?" "it's nothing you just loooked troubled is all" he replied with a shrug.

I sighed and leaned back against the wooden bench "i guess i am, everything is just happening all at once, Bob is most likely going to die today, the truth about Gabriel, finding out Turminus is still out there and looking for us and our wedding-" "you don't want to get married?" he asked "what? No, of course i do! It's just, i'm really confused Carl...why do so many bad things keep happening?" i mumbled. Carl nodded in understanding "i don't know, but at least there's one good thing happening" i smiled and stood "i guess, come on we have some vows to write".