Chapter 63: Sickness

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Closing my eyes so i didn't have to see them cart away Patrick's body, Rick rested a hand on my shoulder and gestured to the door with a nod. Both of us walked out and Carl ran towards us first hugging his father and then me, gently i pushed him away looking to the side so i wouldn't have to see his hurt expression "w-what is it?" he asked "Patrick...died last night of a illness we don't know how t spreads so anyone who was in cell block D could had caught it which means me and (Y/N)" Rick explained "we don't want you to catch it from us if we have it so...you need to stay away" i whispered.

Shaking his head almost like he was trying to make the truth a lie he ran back over to Michonne and Maggie sparing one last glance at me before helping the katana weilding female back into our cell block. Biting my lips i turned to Rick and rested my head on his chest and my arms around his waist in a hug, hugging me back he pet me on the head "it's okay, we're going to figure this out" he whispered but i couldn't help but notice the sense of doubt he had laced in his words. Rubbing away the tears that had gathered in my eyes with the back of my arm i sniffed and pulled away from him "i should go back and see if anyone needs help" i mumbled. Rick nodded watching sadly as i ran off.

Back inside cell block D i heard sobs coming from one of the cells, pushing the certain aside i saw Carol, Lizzie and Mika surrounding a bed. On the bed was there father no longer moving with a stab wound in his temple, Mika looked over at me and sobbed a little harder before running towards me and wrapping her arms around my waist. Burying her head in my stomach seeming as she was too short to hug me properly, though shocked i smiled softly wrapped one arm around her and one pet her head Lizzie although i know she didn't like me very much held her arms out for a hug also. With the hand that pet Mika i held it out showing her it was okay, she ran over and hugged me craning her neck to rest it on my shoulder. Though i may not know these girls very well, i'm going to protect them, Lizzie and i don't like each other that much is clear, i think she's insane and a ticking time bomb, she thinks i'm too naiive and waiting to kill these two in their sleep! But i wouldn't...and i hope i never have too.

~Timeskip~

I was outside tending to the gardens, Carl was leaning on the fence on the other side staring at me longingly. I tried to ignore him because acknowledging him would only make it harder, standing up with a basket full of worms that i was going to throw out since it might not be too safe to feed them to the pigs anymore. A tightness filled my chest causing me to drop the basket and clutch my clothing, ripping off one of the gloves i lifted a hand to my mouth and started coughing. "(Y/N)!" Carl yelled about to jump over the fence when i lifted up my free hand in a stop motion and shook my head "stay there" i whispered hoarsley.

After another couging fit i removed my hand from my face and looked down at it, splotches of blood covered my hand. Breathing out shakily i clenched my fist "Carl...go get Hershel" i ordered him "but-" "go!" i yelled, huffing he ran off to find the medic.

On my knees on the dirt didn't seem very nice but the smell of mint that was growing helped clear my sinuses, i cold hear footsteps coming closer very fast alerting me that someone was running to help. Looking up at whoever it was i notied Carl who had stopped at the fence on Herhshel's, who was running as best he could behind him, command. Hershel threw open the door and limped towards me "what happened?" he asked "i felt my chest tighten and all of the sudden i was coughing and i couldn't breathe, Hershel...i was coughing up blood. i think i- whatever it is that infected Patrick...i think i have it too" i mumbled looking up at the old man who had clenched his fist and shook his head refusing to believe it "you're the granddaughter i never had, i'll be damned before i let you die. Come on" he swore holding out his hand and using his armpits to keep himself up on the crutches. 

Standing up shakily Hershel and i assistwed each other while Carl could only watch while i was taken away, Glenn ran up to help Hershel along and Daryl ran up to help me. My knees buckled and my legs gave out from under me "other people have been showing symptoms but (Y/N)'s is accelerating fast, we need to get her to the other's the doctor (Dr. Who? No...okay) is in there he can help the best he can" Hershel ordered. Daryl nodded before bending down and picking me up bridal style, with nearly no energy left all i could do was rest my head on Daryl's shoulder and try my hardest not to have a mental breakdown.