Chapter 60: Expanding the family

Guys, i'm so so sorry i haven't updated in forever but my aunt came to visit from Finland and i had to stay away from electronics otherwise i'd get addicted again and it'd be impossible for me to get off...but- I SAW A REAL LIFE PANDA! Well two of them but still!!! And sharks it was so cool, i also discovered fish love me...i must be a mermaid! And chapter 60, can you believe we made it this far?! Anyways this chapter is set a little while after the 'war'.

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been possibly a week since the Governor had attacked and lost, i still had to wear a bandage over my shoulder but that was just because we couldn't risk infection with the world as it is. Walking out of the building to do my everyday scouting i paused when i saw multiple blurs heading our way, too far to make out properly but i knew they were too fast to be walkers "GUYS SOMETHING'S COMING!!!" i yelled to the others, eventually they came bounding out of the building, Carl pushed me behind him still wary of everything since i got shot. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes i squinted as if someway that could help me see better, they widened once whatever it is got closer "aren't they the people that attacked us a week ago?" i asked "yeah...what do they want?" Rick replied.

The people were screaming begging us to let them in while trying to fight off the walkers, some of them didn't make it but Rick made no move to help them. Slapping him on the arm i ran ahead grabbing onto the chain to open the doors when arms wra4pped around my midsection pulling me away, i found this out to be Daryl. My feet were no longer touching the ground and i was dangling in his arms "what are you doing did you forget they shot you?!" he scolded "no but i'll be damned before i become like them and leave people to die" wiggling out of his grip i tugged on the chain and opened the door, now no one stopped me and the live people ran in. Shutting the door again to keep the walkers out i removed my gun from it's holster and pointed it at them "what about that speech you just gave?" Glenn asked "i said i wouldn't leave them i never said i trusted them" i retorted "fair enough" he replied, everyone else repeated the action and aimed their guns and/or other weapons at the new guys.

I noted two girls, one of them around 1 year younger then me and the other 2 maybe 3 years, i walked up to them and bent over slightly to the youngest one's height "what's your name sweetie?" i asked "Mika, this is my older sister Lizzie" she replied shyly. Lizzie snapped at her "don't tell her our names! she's pointing a gun at our friends" i sighed pulling down the sleeve of my shirt revealing the bandage "your so called friends shot me" i replied, the girl gulped and looked down to her feet "but unlike them i won't soot kids now tell me something what happened?" i asked, a women in the crowd answered "the governor went mad...he gunned the rest of our people down" she trembled crying slightly "why am i not surprised" i whispered to myself. Walking back over to Rick we began to discuss the possibitly of letting them stay.

~Timeskip~

I turned to the newcomers after our discussion with a smile "it's been decided, if you can prove to us that you can be trusted and you learn to pull your own weight sometimes we will let you stay and we will protect you from the governor" i announced "are you the leader here?" the woman from earlier asked, i giggled "no Rick is" i said gesturing to the bearded man "but i'm the one that keeps everyone sane" i replied earning laughs from the newcomers.

We began to introduce ourselves "i'm Carl, this is my girlfriend (Y/N)...Rick's my dad" the boy said slinging an arm over my shoulder "what about you parents (Y/N)?" Mika asked, i smiled sadly, shrugging i decided to tell them "my father died in the war before all of this happened, my mother died the day it did...so did my little brother" the sent me sympathetic stared but i waved 'em off "no you all must be starving, come on in we have vegetable stew!" i cheered as did the others at the mention of food, though they hurt us i knew it was not their fault but the governors, i'm just happy to be expanding our family.