Chapter 108: Broken

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It was the day after the party, Glen, Tara, Eugene and Noah, and a few people from Alexandria would be looking for something to fix the electricity. They had already left and my husband was no where to be seen.

I sighed walking to the woman guarding the fence, she nodded to me and pulled the gate open. I thanked her and stepped outside, running over to the forest I kept quiet in case any walkers were near by.

I heard voices and quickly hid behind a tree "you scare me" It was Enid, Carl was with her. I noticed a walking, heading my way. It was going to give away my position. Enid through over what appeared to be a timer, when it rang it alerted the walker to head the other direction.

I let out a sigh of relief, Enid and Carl soon walked away towards a log, they sat down leaning up against it "why do I scare you" Carl asked "I don't know you just do" Enid replied. I hid behind a tree, somewhat close too a large tree with a large gap in it.

"So...you and (Y/N) are married huh?" "no! Well...yeah, we are actually but it's not too official" I furrowed my brows in confusion, leaning back against the tree.

"So are you or aren't you?" "we are"

I smiled and nodded to myself "and you and Ron? Ron's a nice guy" Carl mumbled "yes he is" she replied. A few walkers were approaching, Carl and Enid stood running towards the tree with the gap in it, Enid climbed inside and Carl followed.

The walkers hadn't noticed me and neither had the uh...lovebirds I peaked out from behind the tree. Carl's hand twitched, his finger brushing over her hand, he leaned closer, their lips millimetres apart.

I looked away pressing my back against the tree, my eyes were wide, quickly filling with tears and my heart was hammering against my chest. I bit my lip pulling the wedding ring off my finger, I stared at the band in my fingers for a moment before letting out a choked sob.

I threw the ring to the ground and wasted no time in speeding out of there, I pushed passed branches and walkers with no care, before climbing over the gate.

*Carl's P.O.V*

I leaned in close to Enid, her big eyes staring up at me. And for a moment I thought I saw (Y/N) staring back at me, I realized her face is the one I wanted to see not Enid's. I pulled away, the brunette leaned up to whisper in my ear "looks like you're afraid of me too".

The walkers had passed now, I squeezed myself out of the tree and was about to walk back when something shiny on the floor caught my eyes. Furrowing my brow in confusion I walked towards it.

Picking up the shiny object I brushed off the dirt to reveal a ring...(Y/N)'s ring. I looked up to the direction of Alexandria "oh no" I whispered. I clutched the ring tightly before running forward, leaving Enid yelling my name.

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The woman at the gate stood to scold me but one look at my tear stricken face and she let me pass. I noticed a group huddled up, Rick was in the centre beating the hell out of Jesse's husband.

I pushed through the middle, Deanna was yelling, Rick was yelling, Jesse was yelling and I was heart broken "will everyone just shut up?!" I yelled. They looked at me, clearly surprised to see the puffy eyes and the tears "look at you, all of you-" my voice cracked "you should be ashamed of yourselves" I turned to Deanna.

"And you, you think you have a place safe for people to live, does this look safe to you?" I pointed back at the bloodied men on the floor "you're protecting no one, all of you...you're all horrible" I noticed Carl and Enid run up to the huddled circle.

My eyes were on him "liars and cheaters" I whispered, he looked away seemingly ashamed. I looked down at Jesse's husband "bastards and beaters, every single on of you, you're all so scared aren't you?" I asked. They were all silent "you don't know what fear is! Take a note out of my book, stop being so pitiful and make something of yourselves! Something that can help not only others but yourself survive and for once!" My voice broke again.

"Stop fighting" I pushed myself out of the circle and ran straight back to my 'house' running up to my room I locked the door and kicked it. Pushing all of the beauty items off the table I stared at myself in the mirror.

Pitiful. That's the word that came to mind, I let out a frustrated scream, balling my hand into a fist I landed a solid punch to the mirror. The glass shattered, cutting into my knuckles. But I didn't care, bleeding and in pain I stumbled back.

Walking to the connected bathroom I turned on the shower and sat down in the tub. The water sprayed itself down on me, watered down blood sunk itself down the pipes. My clothes stuck to my body and water got in my eyes and mouth but I didn't care.

I just sat there, staring at the wall absentmindedly. Not wanting to move. Not wanting to breath.

I just sat there, broken.