Chapter 118: Help me

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The day went by like a blur. Like I had no control. Like I didn't know what I was doing. I had ignored Carl, ignored Rick, ignored Daryl, ignored Deanna. Following Henry's commands. It was the least I could do. He risked his life for me, I have a debt to him.

It was close to sunset, people were still out, chatting doing odd jobs here and there. I stood in front of a familiar house, the house I had broken into, the house that held the weapons. In my hand I clutched the gun that I had stolen tightly, Henry had an arm slung over my shoulders "now, this place is far too boring. How about we make it more exciting, let's start with some dubstep~" he cooed.

He lifted my arm which held the gun, placing his finger over mine and pulling down on the trigger causing my finger to squeeze and the gun to fire, this happened a few times. I could hear the screams of the women and the people beginning to run.

"(Y/N)?! WHAT IS GOD'S NAME ARE YOU DOING?!"

It was Rick, he was panting, hand over his weapon, I looked towards him "repaying a debt" I replied staring back at the house. Henry wanted weapons, and he wanted food and water so I could survive. He wanted me to leave.

To find his body, to give him a proper burial. It was quite a long way away and there were plenty of obstacles. But I couldn't say no to him, how could I? After I left him to die.

If I died out there because of him than my debt would be repaid, I could pass in peace. But I would hold out, until I gave him the rest he deserves.

Rick held up his hands "put the gun down (Y/N)" he spoke softly, I bit my lip "how did you even get it anyways?" he questioned. I glanced at him "you helped me, remember? You broke into the house with me, you helped me get the gun, you left me there to get caught" my voice was shaky.

"You don't sound like you believe that, (Y/N)" he said with a sigh. I clenched my jaw. I could hear more rapid footsteps "Dad what's going o- (Y/N)?", it was Carl. I furrowed my brows, lips trembling slightly as I glared at the house.

Carl took a step closer "(Y/N) why do you have a gun?" I inhaled sharply before turning to him, gun aimed and at the ready "No! Stay back, Carl, just stay there" I could feel my throat tighten and tears began to build in my eyes.

At his side was none other than Enid "step back Carl" she whispered, hand rested gently on his upper arm. I furrowed my brows further, flinching when I felt a hand upon my shoulder, cold breath hit my ear lobe "shoot him (Y/N), he's in the way" it was Henry.

I glanced at him in shock "no! I can't shoot him, I won't" I retorted "I told you she was crazy Carl, you wouldn't believe me, she's not good for you" Enid spoke up, glancing up and down my shaken body in what appeared to be contempt, a scowl pulling at her lips.

"Just shut up Enid!" I yelled, the barrel of the gun now pointed in her direction "do it (Y/N)! Shoot!" Henry yelled, his grip tightening "do it (Y/N), prove to us all how much you've lost it" Enid snapped. Still with the gun in hand I gripped my head tightly, covering my ears with my hands "no! No! No! Just shut up! Shut up!".

My breathing escalated, as the hot, salty water dripped from my eyes. I crouched down into a squat, hands trembling. The gun was slowly being pulled from my hand, warm hands grasped my upper arms "look at me (Y/N)", the voice was soft comforting.

Hesitantly I peaked my eyes open, Carl was giving a warm smile, his eyes held slight fear. I let out a trembling whimper "help me Carl, help me" I sobbed reaching forward to grip his shirt jacket in my hands tightly.

Carl bit his lip and wrapped his arms around me "we're going to get you help (Y/N), you're going to be okay". I buried my face in his shoulder as my body wracked with sobs I desperately attempted to choke back.

Deanna and Rick could be heard arguing in the background but at the given moment the two didn't care. Henry clenched his jaw, hands balling up at his sides "let go of him (Y/N), pick me! Don't choose him over me! Pick me!" he yelled.

This wasn't Henry, it couldn't be. It wasn't something that Henry would say, it's not something that he would do. Henry was a friend, a friend that I let down. A friend who would forgive me for it, a friend that even though I couldn't save, still loved me like family.

A friend I lost. 

*Author's P.O.V*

Onlookers watched in sadness as the two embraced, giving each other glances, comforting hugs. For they held heartbreak, the two embraced as though they would never see each other again. Never hear eachother, never smell the other's scent, never feel their warmth.

For who could've known that, that might just be true