chapter 39: protect

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Carol was right not long after out conversation it started so i did figure out how to use a pad and i was good to go, it was rather uncomfortable and took some getting used to but i'll get the hang of it. I sat in front of the bars where the inmates were being kept, the one which seemed to be the leader kept staring at me so instead of ignoring him i decided to stare back and observe. Who looked foreign, tan skin long dark hair and tattoos he looked straight out of the movies like one of those people in gangs or something "hey, what'chu staring at?" he asked "you" i replied "well stop it!" he yelled, i narrowed my eyes and smirked "or what?" i asked "or i'm going to splatter your brains all over this place" he hissed, Rick was about to step up and put him in his place but i put my hand up signalling him that i was going to take care of this.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards the cell holding "are you sure about this?" Rick asked "i'm sure, don't worry even if he did manage to hrut me somehow i'd land a bullet in his brain" i replied with a reassurin smile. I walked just out of arms reach and crossed my arms over my chest with a smug look on my face "and how are you going to splatter my brains from in there?" i asked tauntingly. I saw my clench his jaw and he ran at the bars sticking out his arms as far as they could go and honestly if he could go move even a millimetre forwards then he would touch my nose. I barely flinched 'now i see why you don't mess with a girl when they're on that time of the month'. The inmate looked absolutely furious "come here you coward!" he yelled "hey, don't dish it out if you can't take it" i shrugged "and i'm the coward?" i continued "you're the one who scared enough to try and take on a little girl" i taunted turning around and my hair was long enough to run though his fingers but his reflexes weren't fast enough and he just missed me.

Retaking my seat on the table i continued to observe them all, Rick sent a proud nod my way and continued tending to Judith. The inmate pulled away from the bars and smirked eyeing me "you know i like 'em feisty" he purred, i scoffed and opened my mouth to retort but i was cut off "and you know how you shouldn't like them? Underage and taken" Carl popped up sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder to make his point across that i was his. Rick grinned and shook his head at his son's overprotectiveness. The inmate scowled but dropped it or at least i thought he would he turned around and stopped the turned back to us "i'm not going to listen to what you say...you're just a little boy!" he yelled "and i'm just a little girl so whatever you wanted to do to me is out of the question!" i retorted "there is no law anymore...so it's not illegal" he shrugged.

I scowled in disgust as he kept on trying to take advances "what is it? Don't like them manly? Is that why you're dating that little pipsqueak?" the inmate asked referring to Carl "manly?" i asked standing up and walking towards the bars "you think you're a man? You don't know what a man is? You think manliness is how to shw off your muscles right? Or how you have so much control over women? That's not being manly, that is called being pathetic! A man in someone who isn't afraid of looking as though he is not a man, a man is kind and gentle, a man is honourable and noble! You are nothing but scum!" i yelled. The inmate looked taken aback "you can say wahtever you want about me, but whe you start hurting, insulting or even thinking nasty thoughts about my loved ones...heads will roll" i spat walking back grabbing Carl's hand and dragging him to my room but before i left i whispered to Rick "make sure that Judith is safe...i know you are doing just that but i don't trust this guy at all if you're going to kill him...make sure he's down and stay safe" and with that i kept on walking to my room.

I sat on my bed with Carl next to me who still seemed to be fuming "who does he think he is? disrepecting you like that!" he scoffed. I smiled at Carl "hey look, i'm fine and i took care of it didn't i?" i asked, he sighed calming down and nodded "yeah...but let me do that at least once?" he asked. I laughed and nodded "whatever pleases you" i said. After listening to Carl brag about how well he could protect me i heard Rick announce something "alright...we're going scouting and i'm taking the inmates!" he yelled "why are you taking us?" they asked "like hell i'm going to leave you here" Rick replied "Daryl you're with me" he continued "sure thing" i heard some equipment being moved around then keys and the sound of metal slamming shut then everything was quiet leaving me to believe they'd gone. I twiddeled with my thumbs anxiously "are you okay?" Carl asked "n-not really...i don't trust those inmates especially with people in our group with them..." i muttered "hey...they can protect themselves, i'm not worried for now just let me protect you okay?" he asked, I nodded feeling strangely safe with his words "thank you" i whispered, he grinned in response.

Carl opened out one of his arms and i scooted closer resting my head on his shoulder, his arm wrapped around my waist and i smiled 'this is how i feel safe and i know that no matter what he would protect me even if i died....even if he died...we would make it because we had each other...because we were always...together'