chapter 15: what if she never comes back?

Small A/N: oh my glob, you guys are super nice! I love you all my awesome readers! I will try to make this chapter as good as possible! I'll try to add some more Carl x Reader romance in it as well *wink wink nudge nudge*  ^-^ well, I don't want to bore you so...read on~

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I sat on the roof of a random car away from the rest of the group, my hands were knotted into my hair and my head turned to face the floor. I breathed deeply trying to stop myself from hyperventilating, Sophia and I were really close we would hang out all the time and talk about girly things because she's the only girl my age that I've met so far. Sophia was so sweet and happy even when things got everybody else down you could count on her to cheer you up...I really miss her. I have cried gallons just today and even worse the tears never seem to stop, I wipe them away I think of happy things but no! The tears keep on coming. My lips trembled and a sad smile made it's way onto my face as I thought of what had happened a couple of days ago...

~flashback~

"(Y/N)! look what I found!" I heard a voice call to me, I turned around to see Sophia running towards me with a huge smile on her face. She came to a stop in front of me and beamed a huge grin as she held her hands out to me, and laying in her palm was a charm bracelet. One of the charms was a butterfly, the moon, a star, a key, ad a lock the shape of a heart. I gasped at the sight of the glistening piece of jewellery "wow, it's beautiful..." I muttered "here you have it" Sophia said pushing it into my hands "w-what? no I can't, you found it, you keep it" I refused "no, I want you to have it" she insisted "but why?" I asked "because, if we ever get separated I want you to look at this and think of me...i'll always be there for you" she smiled. I hesitantly took the bracelet from her hands and she helped put it on my wrist "thank you" I said smiling "no problem" she smiled back "girls we need to go no-"

~flashback end~

My flashback was interrupted when Rick stumbled out of the woods "where's Sophia?" Carol asked "I thought she was here...I told her to keep the sun on her right shoulder and she would get back" Rick said panting slightly "you left her?" Carol asked raising her voice slightly "it was my only choice, I needed to distract the walkers otherwise we would have died" Rick defended "she is a little girl! How could you have left her like that!" Carol yelled with tears streaming down her face. I sighed and wiped my eyes, walking over to Carol I put my hand on her shoulder "we got to have faith...Sophia isn't a girl you should underestimate she has to come back...she has to" I told her with tears in my eyes. Carol walked away still upset and angry "it's ok Rick...Carol doesn't hate you, she just needs time" I told him as I walked back to the car I was sitting on earlier.     

I sat back down on it and put my head in my hands "s-she's gone..." I whispered as I sobbed silently "hey..." I heard a voice say softly, I ignored them. Whoever it was sat next to me and sighed "she'll come back like you said...she's strong" I heard the voice say. I glanced up at the person for a second to see that it was Carl "I know you mean well Carl, and I know that this seems harsh but please go away" I tried to say it with confidence but my voice shook. Carol sighed "when I was upset my mum would never leave me alone, and it made me feel better that someone was there when I needed them...what I'm trying to say is that I'm here (Y/N)...we're all in this together" he said with a pat on my back. I looked up at him "what if we're not together Carl...what then?!" I yelled "w-what if she never comes back?" I said in a softer tone, Carol stared at me for a second "we'll never know until it happens...what...what are we going to do...that's what you're thinking right? Well we are going to push through, and we are going to do this. The dead won't win, they weren't designed to win, they weren't born to win but we are...all of us!" he persuaded.

I thought about what Carl said for a moment and in someway I guess he was right "w...we will...won't we?" I asked and he nodded. I smiled at him and signs of me crying completely gone "thank you" I said as I pulled him in for a hug. Carl returned the embrace "hey...lovebirds we still got to loot so come on" Daryl interrupted yet again...any moments Cark and I have he interrupts, I'm starting to think that he's doing it on purpose. I sighed and pulled away "let's go" I said as I grabbed his hand to pull him along, I walked in front of him so he couldn't see my face heating up. I cleared my throat and let go of his hand "so...I'm going to uhh...check the cars over here...yeah" and with that I walked off. God that was so embarrassing! My thoughts suddenly jumped to Sophia 'no! bad (Y/N) you have to stay positive for her, fro the group, for Carl...for yourself!' I scolded myself in my head.

I started looting the car and exactly what happened previously a walker came up behind me "why does this stuff always happen to me!" I yelled in it's face "not today" I huffed as I kicked away from me "yeah...you stay away from me you...ugly!" I taunted as I kicked it's head in until it stopped moving. Blood splattered over my shoes, my clothes, my face but I kept on kicking it. I kicked and kicked and kicked with tears streaming down my face once again "die, die, die, die!" I yelled kicking it harder and harder. Arms wrapped themselves around me and pulled me away "NO! LET ME GO!!" I yelled sobbing furiously "(Y/N)! (Y/N)... look at me...look at me, ok? Breathe...in and out, like me, ok? It's going to be ok" Carl, the owner of the voice and arms said as he hugged me tight. I grabbed his shirt and cried my heart out "it's all my fault...I could of saved her! What if she's dead Carl! what if she's dead...WHY DOES EVERYONE I LOVE GET TAKEN AWAY!!!" I yelled. 

*Author's P.O.V*

The rest of the group stared in shock as the person they thought to be strongest emotionally broke down in front of them. Andrea stared at the poor sobbing mess with regret....regret for blaming her for the death of her sister...for blaming her for everything. Now Andrea truly understood that this was not a woman...this was still a child, a child that needed to be taken care of...to be protected even if she does not wish it. The group stayed away to let the two best friends have their moment, and to not put more strain on the young female child. (Y/N) was at her peak...she was sure if there was one more loss ((Y/N) already assumed that Sophia was dead) that she would break down completely and that no one would be able to fix her...she would be better off dead, but could someone...and certain boy who could bring this girl back to her feet and show her the reins of a new life...a life together?