Chapter 53: Quiet explanations

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

At first i thought he was just teasing when he looked at Beth the way he was since he knew i knew he used to have a crush on her. I thought he was trying to get me jealous like guys like to do sometimes but he was then why would he be completely ignoring me right now and giving her his undivided attention? I scowled as i continued talking about how the walkers outside almost killed me and Maggie had Glenn not ran over in time but every wrd was going in one ear and out the other. I sighed and stood up storming off to my room but Carl didn't even notice "calm down (Y/N) he loves you, he's just playing around...right? He doesn't actually have feelings for her anymore" i chanted to myself as i paced around my room.

Carl walked in closing the curtains behind him "hey you just walked off" he pouted, i rolled my eyes "sorry i'm just in a bad mood, i need some rest" i didn't exactly lie but i wasn't exactly telling the truth either "okay well come on then" he shrugged walking towards the bed "uh Carl! I love you and all...but i meant alone" Carl looked at me with an eyebrow raised "are you alright?" he asked suddenly "huh? Yeah i'm fine why?" i asked hurriedly as i really just wanted to be alone "you seem fidgety" he wiggled his fingers around to emphansize. I shook my head and slwoly pushed him out of my room "like i said i'm fine, just tired is all good night!" and with that i closed the bars to the cell as i liked it that way and hid the room with the curtain.

Sighing i flopped down onto my bed, my face was buried in the pillow as i let out groans. There was a knocking on my cell bars "Carl i said i was tired" i whined "it's not Carl" a feminine voice giggled "oh Beth, come in" i said sitting up. Beth walked over and sat next to me on the bed "i saw how you got frustrated with Carl what did he do? do i need to hurt him for you?" she joked. I shook my head "it's just...Carl used to like a girl that's in the group and i'm starting to think he's getting those feelings back" i admitted though i didn't say name since i knew she would blame herself "oh sweetie, you know Carl loves you right?" she asked rubbing my back sympathetically "yeah i know but..." i trailed off.

Beth laughed "don't worry i'm sure he's just winding you up, i have to go fix dinner but i'll see you when it's ready" she sighed getting up and walking out. I plopped back down face first into my pillow once again.

~Timeskip~

I was sitting at the table happily eating my vegetable soup with Carl across be, and either side of me was Carol and Daryl. Everyone was chatting except Carl  and I all we did was keep our eyes on each other and take slow sips from the soup. I felt my anger grow when Carl stopped looking into my eyes but instead now he was staring at Beth, my hands tightened around my spoon and before i knew it Daryl was taking it from me as i had bent it almost in half "...oops?" i muttered "it's okay i'm not hungry anymore i'm just going to go to bed, goodnight everyone" i smiled but frowned when my eyes locked with Carl's and walked away.

Now normally in the middle of the night Carl would sneak into my room and snuggle because he had nightmare about his mother. It was around midnight and this tended to be the time he came in. I had my eyes closed pretending to be asleep and waited for the familiar squeaking of the rusty metal as he opened my cell door but heard none. Frowning i opened my eyes already accumstomed to the dark and sat up swinging my legs over the edge of the bed my bare feet came into contact with the cold concrete sending shivers up my spine. I walked into the cell right next to mine which happened to be Carl's and saw a bundle in the sheets "Carl?" i whispered "hm?" he hoarse voice replied, trying not to fangirl at his sleepy voice i stepped further into the room "can't you sleep?" i asked "no" he replied shifting in his bed to face me "then why didn't you come to me?" i asked rather offended.

Carl sat up in his bed "because you mad at me, what if you kicked me out? I  would rather not go in there at all then having you reject my hug" i could practically hear the pout in his voice. Refraining from laughing i walked over to the bed and crawled under the covers "Carl..be honest...do you still like Beth?" i asked "what?" he asked wrapping his arms around my torso and pulling me closer, in turned i wrapped my arms around his middle and buried my head in his chest listening to the speeding up heart beat. Smiling at the familiar thumping Carl sighed "you think really think i still like her?" he asked "yeah" i whispered.

I felt a rumbling in his chest and figured it out to be a chuckle "(Y/N)...i was looking at Judith the whole time" he explained "oh...wait what?" i asked looking up at him. Carl looked back down at me "yeah everytime i was looking at Beth or at least you thought i was, i was actually looking at Judith, i wanted to hold her but didn't know how to ask" at this i groaned resting y head back in his chest once again "now i feel like an idiot...i'm so sorry" i murmured "nah, it's sweet that you got jealous" he laughed quietly "now who says i was jealous?" i asked "i can see right through you (Y/N) you were jealous".

I sent him a playful glare to which he only leaned down and pecked me on the nose "now go to sleep, i miss your attention" Carl ordered. I nodded and closed my eyes 'thank God that's over, i shouldn't have been worried  at all. I love him, he loves me, there shouldn't be a problem except the fact either one of us could die at any moment but then we also could've when the world was when it was 'normal' it doesn't matter i guess, we're happy and that's really all i give a crap about'