Chapter 120: Bearable

Whaaaaat? Another update so soon? Well dear readers, Author-san thought that the last chapter was sooo interesting that I couldn't just leave it >3<

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It was horrible. It was disgusting. It was inside of me. Worms. Parasites. Pests that take on a host for their own benefit. I am the host, I am the loser in this game. These things, these life sucking things are the cause of everything, aren't they?

Carl tightened his grip on me "we're getting you back to the doctor, come on" his tone was serious as he marched ahead, dragging me behind him. "W-wait Carl! Slow down!" I sputtered. His slow didn't pace and in the matter of only a few moments we were back at Graham's house.

Carl knocked quickly, tapping his toes against the ground impatiently, soon enough the door open "you're back? Is something wrong?" the elder man questioned worriedly. "Worms" Carl spoke briefly "Excuse me?".

"Worms. She has worms in her eyes" my husband's jaw was clenched, Graham's expression turned serious "come in". The male didn't even stop to shut the door behind us, immediately turning around and jogging inside. Carl helped me in, closing the door behind me.

When we got back inside, I sat down in the chair once again as Graham grabbed a magnifying glass "it's strange, I didn't see it when I shined the light in your eyes" he mumbled, crouching in front of me and holding the magnifying glass up, peering through it. I gripped my stomach, attempting to hold down my breakfast at the sight of the little worms. 

"I don't--" Graham started "I don't see anything, not a single movement" he whispered. I stared passed the worms and at him "what are you talking about? They're right there, I'm staring straight at them!".

The doctor's expression turned serious "I have a theory" he pulled away and placed and magnifying glass down on the table, Carl gripped my hand tightly "a theory?".

Graham hummed and nodded "Delusional Parasitosis" he sighed leaned back against his desk "I believe you're hallucinating these Parasites, it can be caused by many things though in your case I believe it's caused by emotional strain".

"W-what? No, they're real. I swear they're real" I whimpered my gaze dropping slightly "you're lucky, we have some Risperidone, hopefully we should see some results in a few days". I bit my lip "all of my hallucinations were caused by my emotions?".

"I'm afraid so" Graham sighed "so it's over then? We know what's wrong?", the doctor nodded heading around the other side of the desk and crouched down where a safe was placed with the medication "I can't be sure if this is exactly what's wrong with you, but it's certainly worth trying".

"Isn't-- isn't Risperidone used to treat schizophrenia?" I whispered, Graham pursed his lips and pulled out the small orange bottle "yes, yes it is. You were quite the star in biology huh?" he chuckled before clearing his throat and locking the safe "listen, I wouldn't worry. You're not crazy, things are going to be okay".

The doctor handed me the small bottle "there will be some side affects, weight gain but in your case that might be a good thing, I can see your ribs. Have you been eating well?" I diverted my eyes "I'll take that as a no" he huffed "don't take these on an empty stomach, all right? There is slight risk of death so follow my instructions to a tee".

After I was given the instructions and my first dose, a single pill with a small glass of water I was sent off. I walked alongside Carl towards our home, my eyes trained on the ground "you okay?" he questioned, squeezing my hand lightly.

I tilted my head up to stare up at the sky "I guess, a little nauseous. The meds haven't kicked in yet". Carl let out a sigh and stopped turning me to face him and gripping my shoulder gently "(Y/N), things are going to be okay, we'll fix this. We'll make things right, I'm not going to let you go through this along, like it or not".

"You're my beautiful nightmare (Y/N), without you I'd go crazy. Hell-- with you I go crazy" he chuckled "there's an overwhelming feeling, so much going on in my head and this pressure on my heart so much so that I don't know what to do with myself" Carl cupped my cheek.

Brushing his thumb under my eye and leaning forward, pressing his forehead to mine and closing his eyes "I'm always going to be here to protect you, I'm going to keep you safe. So do me a favour? Don't give up, root for me while I'm rooting for you. I want-- I don't want you to lose faith in us. Hold on to me, please (Y/N)".

"We can do this, we're going to get through this okay? I'll be by your side till the end, I love you (Y/N). Come on, we should get home you need rest".

It wasn't long until we made it home and went straight up to my room, I gulped as I laid down in the bed, Carl lifted the blankets over the top of me. Brushing my hair from my face and pressed his lips to my forehead "sleep well, call me if you need me".

He turned to move away when I reached out and grasped his sleeve "Wait--" I buried my nose into the blankets "can you stay with me? Please?" I whispered. Carl blinked in surprise before smiling and nodding, climbing in the otherside of the bed he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him.

My back pressed against his chest and he nuzzled his nose into the back of my neck as I closed my eyes. I took in Carl's warmth, the feel of his breath against my neck, the sound of his breathing. The tickling fluttering or his eyelashes as he blinked a few times.

Despite all that was going on in my head, all that was going on outside these walls, outside these gates. Just being here with him, having Carl by my side. It makes the world just that much more bearable.