chapter 35: Gone...

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been a couple of weeks since we moved into the prison and things have been going well, i would even say things were going great. But once again i had that gut feeling that something bad was about to happen, i sighed as i looked throught the scope of my machine gun that Rick found when he was looting not too long ago. I observed the gates and the walkers to make sure nothing was wrong in the defence "you okay?" a voice asked, i jumped and glared at the laughing intruder behind me which just so happened to be my oh, so wonderful boyfriend Carl "Geez Carl what did i say about sneaking up on me?" i asked "you said not to do it especially if you were holding a gun which you would use to shoot me in the head accidentally of course" he said, i gasped "you remembered word for word?" i asked "sure i did, remember the whole you're the person i love most in the world? I meant it, so of course i would listen to every word that comes out of that cute mouth of yours" he cooed, i rolled my eyes trying to ignore the heat coming to my cheeks, with a 'hmph' i turned back around began looking through the scope again, shooting a walker that came to close to some herbs that we needed, somehow no blood got on the herbs.

i smirked at my own skill and put the machine gun down "no seriously though, what's wrong?" he asked leaning against the metal wall of the watch tower, his arms crossed over his chest and his left leg lazily crossed over his right "i...don't know, i just have that feeling again, somethign big's going to happen and it's not going to be good" i admitted "are you sure?" he asked, i looked at him like 'really?' "Carl....when have i ever been wrong about these kinds of things?" i asked him, he thought for a moment then sighed "never" he admitted "exactly" i retorted. A really loud scream from the prison got us on our feet and moving, we burst open the door "what's going on?" i asked "Walkers got in!" Daryl yelled "w-what how?" i asked "don't ask! Move!" he yelled throwing me a shotgun, i nodded and chuckled in at Carl, and unholstered my hand gun from my father running in the direction of everyone else "where's Lori?!" i asked "with Maggie" Carol informed "thanks" i panted, Carl followed me down the halls towards Maggie and Lori "guys!" i yelled for them "coem quickly!" Lori yelled motioning us to hurry with her hands, Carl and i ran towards them.

Lori suddenly leaned down and gasping in pain and clutching her swolen tummy "what's wrong?" Maggie asked "the baby! I'ts coming!" she yelled "now?!" Maggie asked "I don't decide when it come, it does!" Lori yelled in response "we need to find a safe room!" Maggie yelled pushing as further ahead to look for one, i ran down the corridors until i came upon a dark green room "guys!" i yelled towards them "good work" Maggie said helping Lori run towards me, Carl opened the door and i entered rasing my gun up for any walkers that might just be in there, luckily there weren't so I usehred them all in "come on!2 Maggie yelled in encourement as Lori rseting against a ladder and started pushing, screaming in pain Lori gripped the handle bars tighter "wait, wait! Stop!" Maggie yelled lifting her hand up from underneath Lori and notcied the blood. Lori laid down with some help and lifted her shirt so we could see the scar "do you see it? The scar from my last C-section?" she asked "you're going to have to perform one on me Maggie" Lori explained "w-what no!" she yelled in response "please! My baby's going to die otherwise" Lori cried, Maggie nodded hesitatnly, "Carl, (Y/N)" Lori called us over "i love you both, and i'm so proud of you two" she whispered "w-why are you talking like you're never going to see us again?" i asked my vice shaky. She smiled at me na dpulled both me and Carl in for a hug.

Tears streamed down my face and dripped onto Lori shoulder "it's okay, i want 2 to take care of your little baby brother or sister, even though you arent my child (Y/N), i always thought you were. And Carl you take care of your father okay?" she asked also crying. Carl nodded obviously fighting back tears of his own "Carl has a knife" Lori informed Maggie, Maggie nodded and held her hand out to him, Carl hesitatnly removed his knife handed it over, Maggie let out a shaky breath and pressed the knife to Lori's stomach, then added pressure until it broke the skin, Lori arched her back and screamed "stop! You're killing her!" Carl yelled the tears he tried so hard to keep in came flooding down, the screams stopped and was replaced by childish crying, i looked to see Maggie holding the baby and cutting the ambilical cord "it's a girl" she smiled sadly but the smile was droppe when she saw the dull open eyes of Lori "it had to be done" Maggie muttered "i-i'll-" i was about to stand up and do the deed, when Carl's hand was slumped on my shoulder keeping me down, when i ooked at him, i saw his head was down and a shadow loomed over his probably puffy tear filled eyes "I'll do it" he mumbled "but Carl..." i trailed off as he shook his head stood up and pointed his hand gun towards his mother's head.

I turned my head to the side to avoid the sight, I flinched at the suond of the gun being fired and couldn't bear to look at the sight of my other-mother laying there in a pool of her own blood. I walked towards the door and noticed the gun fire from outside had stopped leading me assume that walkers had cleared up, i opened the door and walked outside without turning around. I felt awful for turning my back on my problems but...what else could i do? As i walked pass Rik and the other's i saw the confused looks on their faces from my tear-stained faces, as  i opened the door and was about to go back into the main building i heard the conversation "Lori?" he asked when he got no reply, i heard him muttering "no, no, no, no, oh NO!!!!" he yelled breaking down crying...i felt my eyes soften and was about to turn around to see if he was okay but i knew the asnwer...no, he was not okay. his wife just died I shoo my head and walked back inside and to my cell. Shutting the bars and making sure the sheet was covering it properly i laid down on the bed with my ace buried in the pillow and sobbed ans quietly as i could but i'm pretty sure that people walking by would hear it.

She's gone...what are we going to do now?