Chapter 67: Please wake up

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Everything ached. I could barely breathe. There was a weight on my chest like a ton of bricks, i could hear a fanit buzzing but too distant to figure out where it was coming from. My eyelids were heavy as they didn't want to be opened but i needed to see where i was, i needed to know if the apocolypse was just a dream, i need to know if Carl and i were ever actually in a relationship. I need to know if my family is still alive! Someone...help me...i need to wake up.

A voice, calling my name. It's so familiar the voice made the weight on my chest lighter, a warmth engulfed my hands. I felt like i was floating, i was at peace, whoever this person was calling my name...i need to see them, i need to know "wake up (Y/N)...please wake up" they begged. I wanted to wake up, i wanted to listen but something was stopping me i felt myself getting heavier once again as the warmth left, the voice stopped i was getting pulled further and further away from reality. I tried swimming to the top of the darkness as if there would be a light somewhere, like this abyss would end 'don't go! Please, help me wake up' i begged in my head as i couldn't force myself to talk.

Faint sobs was all i heard and distant mumbling and once again the voice spoke to me "(Y/N)...i'm begging you please wake up...just...WAKE UP!!!" my eyes shot open, taking in deep breaths greedily i could barely comprehend what was happening. Someone gently took me by the arms and laid me back down. Carl. My breathing evened out as i hopelessly stared into his blue orbs "it's okay, oh my god (Y/N) you're okay!" he exclaimed pulling me as best he could into an embrace, my voice was still to weak to be used. Tightly yet weakly, my eyes stung with fresh tears as i was finally able to hold him again after so long, letting out a shaky breath i buried my head into his shoulder squeazing a few tears out. Neither of us wanted to let go and i doubt we would "i thought-...i though i was going to lose you" he whispered nuzzling my neck.

Smiling softly i hummed "well you didn't" i mumbled my voice hoarse from dissuse "how are the others?" i asked "Dr. Caleb...got infected by the virus...he didn't make it" he replied though sad i understood "and Lizzie?" i asked "she's fine" he sighed pulling me closer if that was even possible "and you, are you okay?" asked Carl "i guess, was it you asking me to wake up?" i wondered "yeah...you heard me?" "of course i did, it was you who pulled me out" i grinned though he couldn't see it since we were still hugging each other.

Pulling back slightly i rested my forehead on Carl's own and closed my eyes "is judith okay? What about Glenn?" i asked worriedly, Carl chuckled "don't worry so much, they're both okay Hershel got there in time so did Maggie" he replied "wait? Maggie went in there?!" "(Y/N) calm down, some didn't make it but everyone's okay alright?" he laughed. I cleared my throat sheepishly and nodded "right, sorry" i muttered, Carl brushed some hair behind my ear and smiled softly "i missed you so much" he whispered. Giggling i nodded "i missed you too" Carl slowly leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, both our eyes fluttered to a close. The kiss was deepened as i moved my head to the side but it was all soon interrupted when Rick walkedz in "hey Carl is (Y/N) awa- oh Jesus Christ! I see she is" he sputtered nervously glancing to the side.

Pulling away from Carl i waved at his father "hey Rick good to see you again" i mumbed, Carl grinned at Rick throwing an arm around me, rick gaze softened at the smile on his sons face "i'm glad you're alright, i'll leave you two to...yeah. Remember you're still kids don't go too far!" he exclaimed before walking out shutting the door behind him "dad..." Carl grumbled. I rested my head on his shoulde hiding my beet red face "that...was so embarrassing" i muttered "you got that right" he sighed "but i really am glad you're okay" "me too".

It wasn't long after that i was allowed out of the medical room since Hershel was sure the virus had cleared up so it was safe to be around Judith. As soon as i walked into our cell block i was flooded with hugs and congratulations for surviving, thanking everyone i quickly ran over to Beth who was holding Judith, she gladly handed the young child over to me. As soon as Judith was in my arm she let out a happy laugh, grinning i hugged her close "i missed you so much!" i squealed squeezing her but not tight enough to hurt her. Rick took Judith from me as i headed up to my room Carl following me around like a lost puppy "Carl...why are you following me everywhere?" i asked "i'm not letting you out of my sight (Y/N) i've almost lost you so many times do you really think i'm going to let that happen again?" he asked tipping up the edge of his hat to see me better.

Plopping down on the bed i scooted over for Carl to climb in with me, for once he snuggled up to me not the other way around (at the side love's). Wrapping my arms around his head securely yet not tightly i smiled looking directly ahead where the picture of my family sat, it was directly in my line of sight...they were smiling back at me. Closing my eyes i sighed contemptly, even as the world is as messed up as it is now...i still have little reasons to smile, that's what makes me human.