chapter 20: a whisper when i sleeping...

short A/N before the chapter starts, i would like to apologize for the delay and i am feeling better to anyone who is concerned...let the chapter commence!

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I was bored, but even that would be an understatement. If i went aother second without doing something productive i think i might just turn into a walker out of spite. I sighed and groaned as i looked over at Carl who was trying to take a nap in the tent, i laid down myself and turned on my side to face him. I payed close attention to his features: His lightly freckled face and long eyelashes that grazed his cheek when he closes his eyes, lips soft yet chapped...brown hair that swept over his face due to the position he was in, I closed my eyes and tried to rid myself of the thoughts i was having about my best friend. I sighed once again and got up, quietly leaving the tent and walked towards the house.

i shut the door behind me but quietly in case anyone was sleeping but i heard voices coming from the kitchen "...you're so selfish!" the voice sounded like Andrea "...with your husband...boyfriend" i couldn't catch all of it because i wasn't close enough to the kitchen. I sneakily made my way towards the kitchen and hid behind a wall to peak in, i saw Andrea and Lori. Andrea was up in Lori's face and that kind of made me angry so i walked into the kitchen and put my hands on my hips "what's going on here?" i asked "nothing" Andrea scowled and pushed passed me to walk out the door, i watched as she walked out with a brow raised "what's her problem?" i asked Lori "i honestly don't know" she said as she continued to make dinner "what were you arguing about?" i asked "oh! I thought Andrea should leave all the shooting to the men and help out around the house but she disagreed" Lori sighed "but, she's really doing nothing out there...she's useless to the men...she should really pull her own weight" i pinched the bridge of my nose "i know" she said as she chopped up some vegetables.

I hepled Lori dish the plates and put them on the dining table(s) " can you call everyone in please?" she asked "sure, i won't be a moment" i said as i ran of deeper into the house, i knocked on Maggie's door "come in" i heard her say, when i walked both Beth and Maggie were in there "hi, umm...dinner's ready" i said "thanks sweetie" Maggie said as she got up, I walked off and towards Hershel's operating room where he spent most of his time, the door was open and Hershel had his back to me "knock knock" i said with my hands in my pocket "hmm?" Hershel turned to look at me "yes?" he asked "dinner's ready" i told him, he thanked me and i made my way to the door to tell the group "dinner's ready!" i yelled towards them and they nodded and went inside "hey (Y/N), can you wake Carl up, he needs to eat" Rick asked when he walked passed me "sure" i shrugged and made my way towards the tent i shared with Lori, Rick and Carl. I unzipped the zipper and peaked in to see Carl was already awake and checking out his scar...with his shirt off "holy maceroni!" i yelled as i covered my eyes. Carl laughed "geez (Y/N), it's not like i'm completely naked" he teased "y-yeah. well dinner's ready" i stuttered and marched towards the house my cheeks on fire. I plopped down in one of the seats which just so happens to be next to the next Carl is going to sit in, and on my right was Daryl "what happened to you? You look like a tomato" Daryl commented "thanks" i said pouting as i crossed my arms "seriously what happened?" they asked just as Carl came in "dont remind me" i whine putting my head down in the table. Carl sat down next to me and pushed himself towards the table "(Y/N) walked in on me shirtless" he shrugged "what?" Lori and Rick said at the same time kind of worried where the other's either 'awwed' laughed or whistled. I goraned and glared at Carl "why'd you tell 'em?" i asked "why not?" he asked back. I growled but ignored him and ate my food happily.

After dinner i went to Maggie's room which Beth was once again in also "hey (Y/N), what's up?" Maggie asked "i dunno, i need girl time" i said "what's wrong with Lori or Carol?" Beth giggled as i flopped down in the bed "they're women, they won't understand my pain" i  exaggerated as i blew away my hair which landed on my face "is it a pain in your stomach?" Maggie asked kind of worried "are you finding blood in your underwear?" she asked "what? no" i said slightly confused, she breathed a sigh of relief  "good" she said "plus the fact Beth is the closest i have to a girl my age" i told them "even though i'm not even in my teens yet" "how old are you again?" Beth asked "12" i answered honestly "so you're just about the age to get interested in boy's" Beth's eyes had a mysterious gleam in them "what are you getting at?" i asked "do you have a crush on anyone?" Maggie specified for me "what? no!" i said backing away slighty, not liking the unconvinced looks on their faces "oh really?" Beth asked "yes. really" i told them nodding my head "what about Daryl?" Maggie asked "eww, no i think of him as a father figure" i said with my hand on my chin "Glenn?" Beth asked not noticing the glare on Maggie's face when she said Glenn "no, he's like a father to me too" i replied with a shrug and Maggie let out a breath of relief "Rick?" Maggie asked "yeah, sure i have a crush on my best friends dad" i relied sarcastically, Maggie and Beth shared a look "Carl?" they asked at the same time, my cheeks flared "l-look, i have a crush on no one, ok?  Carl's my bff there's no way i could like him like t-that" i stuttered. Maggie and Beth laughed but didn't embarass me further.

After the most embarassing girl talk of the century i walked towards the group who was still camping outside and saw that Andrea was picking a fight yet again, but this time with Dale "give me back my gun!" she yelled "it's for your own safety" Dale shook his head "there are other guns" i said with my hands on my hips "my father gave me that gun" she said "and my gun belonged to my father, what's your point?" i asked "it's the only thing i have left of him" she said, i laughed dryly "really? You have your looks, i'm sure you share some similarities, and you have his memory don't you?"i asked. Andrea thought for a minute and i thought my speech worked "give me back my gun!" she yelled at Dale, i sighed "Andrea i know you would be a great shot, but you don't even know the basics of how to shoot a gun" i told her "well, then i'll learn but not until you give me my gun!" she yelled "stop yelling! you'll attract walkers!" i whisper-yelled, Andrea glared at me and then Dale and walked off i sighed "are you alright?" i asked Dale "yeah" he smiled and patted my head allowing me to walk off and have fun. I went back to my tent just about ready for a nap, but there was another person in it! which once again was Carl "hey" i said kind of awkwardly as i zipped up the tent from the inside "hey" he said back "are you acutally wearing clothes this time?" i joked and he chuckled "yes, you can turn around" he said, i sat down on my sleeping bag and just stared at him, his bright blue eyes that could bring out any secrets "is there something wrong?" Carl asked "what?" i asked back "you've been staring at me for the past couple minutes" he explained "oh! sorry" i said looking at my lap, i laid down and stared at the ceiling of the tent, my eyes grew heavy and just as i was bout to fall into slumber's embrace when i heard a voice "i-i think i love you" and just like that i was out like a light.