Chapter 125: Side by Side

Before I start off this chapter, I want you guys to know that I read all your comments, I always do, and the responses I got were amazing. You guys are my motivation, thank you so much for your sweet words and your encouragement. I love you guys so much, but I don't want to bore you with this sappy message, so let's get on with it, shall we?

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The soft warmth of his face in my hands. The ticklish sensation of his breath brushing my lips. The light sweep of my hair as he brushed it from my face. His gentle finger that ran down the length of my face.

The light actions that Carl made sent my conflicted heart aflutter, soft hushes left his lips as he brushed away my tears. His clear blue eye bore into my eyes, flickering back and forth between the two. My fingers brushed the end of the medical holding the speckled red bandage over his eye, "I wasn't there to protect you".

Carl hushed me immediately "that's ridiculous, you were always there, with me" he whispered, his hands gently grasped my wrists and pulled them away from his face, he tugged me towards him. I landed against his chest, arms wrapping under his, my hands clutched tightly at the fabric on his back.

I struggled to keep down the hiccuping caused by my uneven breaths, due to the tears. I squeezed my eyes closed and snuggled my face into his collar bone "Carl" I whispered, his hand when to the back of my head, keeping it pressed against him.

"Don't leave me side" I finished, he chest rumbled with a chuckle "I'm here, aren't I? I made you a promise, together forever remember?". The corners of my lips twitched up into a smile and I gave a nod.

Carl slowly moved to lay beside me, I followed his head, head resting on the soft pillow as I turned to the face him. My hand reached up to cup his cheek, warmth spreading through my chest, my heart rate increased and a sincere smile spread across my face.

Those bright eyes of his came to a fluttering close, his eyelashes brushing his cheeks. The mellow feeling of satisfaction bubbled in my stomach, I inched forward, my forehead coming to rest upon his. The tender feelings that flooded through my being, sent shudder inducing pins and needles racing through my body.

The dim light of the sun streaming through the window, illuminated his form. Like a faint spot light, my only focus was concentrated on him. My eyes came to a relaxed close, moving slowly, I brushed my nose against his, a faint breath leaving my lips as a smile ghosted across my face.

And for that moment I forgot all about my madness, my lunacy was driven away by the fondness that was simply being with the male in front of me. A control that no pill could give me, only the support of one's beloved to bring this strength to stand up on your own.

My eyelashes brushed my cheeks as I leaned down, to plant a loving kiss to his lips. My thumb ran over his cheek bone absent-mindedly, he slung a weighted arm down over my waist, pulling me towards him.

I tucked my head under his chin, the corners of my lips twitching upwards into a smile as I nestled closer. I could the feel the accelerated beat of his heart against his chest, my own blood pumping organ was in no better condition. It was gladdening to know it was just him to do this to my heart, and me to his.

I felt safe, warm, at home. I felt right for the first time in a long time. Something I certainly wouldn't mind, as long as he was by my side I wouldn't mind a little bit of instability. After all, Carl was the drug that kept me alive.