Chapter 97: Another grave

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We heard the familiar sound of a car pull up, the car that Rick and the other's left in. I hopped up, Carol took Judith while Carl took my hand and we ran over "did you find them?" i asked Noah. I glanced down at his atire, he was covered in blood, fresh blood. My expression turned serious "was it a stranger?" he shook his head and stepped aside.

Rick and Daryl were pulling a body out the back, i stood on my tip-toes to see. The familiar beard, beanie, and face...it was Tyreese. I gasped as they gently lowered his body to the ground "Ty?" i whispered, there was no reply. His body was still and there was a large chunk missing from his arm, he was cold to the touch, he was dead.

My breathing sped up "no, no, no" i whispered, Carl ran up wrapping his arms around my torso from behind and pulling me away from Tyreese "NO! Why? Carl..why?" i mumbled. He turned me around to hug me properly, my arms were trapped in between us, his arms around my torso over my arms. My head was in the crook of his neck we both shook from the force of my sobs, Sasha ran over to see him and i could hear her scream making my sobs harder.

Carl hushed me soothingly and rubbed my back "it's okay, it'll be okay" he whispered, of course the comfort of my boyfri- i mean...husband helped my mood but i couldn't stop crying. It was my turn to me weak now, after being strong for so long. With one hand still resting on my back he scooped his arm under my legs and lifted me off of the ground taking me to a safe yet secret part of the clearing so we could have our privacy.

He rested back against the tree, resting me on his legs my side pressed against his chest. Tears fell down my face like a flurry, Tyreese had been like an uncle to me, the super caring, super doting one, yep that was him. For him to be just..gone, to never see him ever again that- that would be terrifying.

They moved Tyreese's body over to the pile of stones that made up Beth's head stone of course her body wasn't there it was more of a sentimental thing. Sasha still crying knelt down next to him, pressing the blade of the knife to his temple befoore driving it through.

I whimpered at the sight and buried my head further into Carl's neck, i could feel his pulse through his neck, it was speeding up in the slightest. He pecked the top of my head and rocked me back and forth to try and calm me down. Eventually my sobs turned to sniffles and the tears slowed, Carl pushed me back slightly so he could see my face, using his thumbs he brushed the remaining tears from my face.

He smiled gently "come on now, it's not like you too be so sad" i sighed and nodded "i know...but i feel like i can't breathe Carl, we've lost so many the only air i'm getting is enough to survive but not enough to be happy. Why did this have to happen? Why did we have to lose them? How is that fair?" i whimpered. Carl nodded in understanding "i know (Y/N), i know but we have to live okay? It's the only thing we can do to return the debt to those who died" he replied.

I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes "okay, let's go and help bury him" i sighed and stood and offered my hand out to Carl. Hand in hand we walked over to the spot where Rick was digging up a grave next to Beth's headstone. Gently with the help of Daryl and Glenn they lowered him into his grave, i took the shovel and scooped up some dirt.

With one last sorrowful glance at him, i dumped the dirt over his feet and handed the shovel too the next person. I sat back against a log one leg bent up against my chest the other outstretched in front of me. Resting an ar on the leg i and bent i used my free hand to brush my hair from my face. After Carl had his turn his sat by me occasionally glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

Closing my own eyes i rested my head on his shoulder, i hadn't been able to sleep properly in days the worry over Beth. Wondering if we'd be at least somewhat safe eve again, there were so many doubt's and it was so hard to overcome them.

And of course there was the fear that every time i wake up, everytime i wake up, that there's going to be another grave staring me right back in the face.