Don't leave...

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The travel there was for the most part quiet, any of those things that I did see were easily avoided. The supermarket was open and empty, I was easily in and out with a backpack of food.

Despite how easy the trip had been, the travel was long, taking 45 minutes in total, and as I made my way back I was panting, exhausted and sweaty. Looking around, I knocked the door quietly, hoping to catch my mother's attention.

As the door pushed open, I blinked in surprise at the sight of the person before me "Lori?" I mumbled in surprise. The brunette sent a gentle smile and stepped aside so I could enter the house.

Stepping inside, Lori shut the door behind me. Placing a hand on her back, she walked me further into the house. "Why are you here?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Carl and I wanted to make sure that you all were okay, so we ran through the garden and to the back door, Nikolai let us in".

"Nikolai did? What about my mum?" I mumbled in confusion, glancing around "where—where is she?".

"Right, now that you mention it, I haven't seen her since we got here. We've been here for about 10, 15 minutes?" Lori mumbled, slipping her hand off of my back.

"No way, no, no, no" I rushed towards the window "she didn't, God, please tell me she didn't" I whispered to myself hurriedly, throwing the curtains open I looked around hurriedly.

"What? What is it?" she asked worriedly, hurrying to my side "she came after me" I mumbled under my breath.

"I was taking too long and she came after me" I sputtered slightly louder, desperately searching the streets for her.

My eyes widened and my breath seemed to leave me, the familiar coat, the familiar hairystyle, that familiar face. Those familiar clothes, drenched in blood. My mother.

She stumbled across the streets, eyes glazed over, she walked around aimlessly "no, God, please no" I whispered, my voice cracking pitifully. I could feel the tight lump growing in my throat, eyes stinging with tears.

And suddenly, the curtains hurriedly closed in front of me "don't look (Y/N), don't look" came a familiar whisper. My blurry, tear filled eyes came into contact with bright blue – "Carl" I whispered out quietly.

Lori's arm quickly came to wrap around my shoulders, she pulled me away from the window, sending Carl an approving nod.

"(Y/N)? What's going on? Why are you crying?"

I gave a quiet gasp and turned to the source of the sudden voice "Nikolai?" I mumbled in surprise. Hurriedly, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and sent him a trembling smile "h-hey Nicky, I got the food".

Walking towards him, I knelt down in front of him and took his hands. The male tilted his head to the side in confusion "where's mummy?" he mumbled quietly, looking around for her.

I took a deep breath "mum's just gone out to get you a birthday cake! She'll be back soon, I promise", a grin spread across the young boy's face and he jumped on his heels excitedly. Standing up, I pulled the boy against me and shot a panicked look to Lori.

"How long as mummy been gone?" Nikolai mumbled quietly, tilting his head back to look up at him "for about 15 minutes".

"Then she'll be home soon!" the boy pushed at my stomach and ducked under my arms, running towards the window "Nikolai no!" I called out loudly, turning on my heel and rushing after him.

He hurriedly pushed the curtains aside and looked around, he tensed and stared wide eyes out the window "m-mummy?" he breathed out quietly.

"W-why is she out there? Why is she like that?" Nikolai turned to face me, eyes filled with tears that began steadily dripping down his cheeks.

Biting my lip, I took a step towards him "why is she out there, (Y/N)?" he mumbled, stepping towards me. When I didn't answer, he rose his voice and asked again "why is she out there, (Y/N)?!", I flinched at his tone.

"I didn't know—she ran out after me, I didn't know" I whispered, taking a step towards him, I reached out.

Nikolai took a step back, even further out of my reach, he shook his head "she left because of you, she's dead because of you! It's all your fault" rushing forward, his hands came to push at my stomach, knocking me back – he rushed towards the door.

Desperately trying to regain my balance, I stumbled. As my fingertips came to touch the floor, the door was thrown open and Nikolai was sprinting outside.

Hurriedly pushing myself off of the floor, I ran towards the door "Nikolai!!" I called out his name loudly, Lori and Carl on my tail.

Nikolai raced towards the stumbling form of our mother, calling out to her, he wailed and wrapped his arms firmly around her legs like he always did.

Our mother, or rather – what used to be ourmother, stopped dead, lowering her head to look down at him.

Parting her lips she let out a light hiss, slowly leaning down towards him.

I reached out desperately "Nikolai no! Step away from her!" I called out loudly, I quickly reached to the back of my pants. Pulling the gun out of its place, "stop! Please stop!" I called out loudly, desperately pushing my feet to pump faster.

Things seemed to slow down as my mother leant over, reaching down to her son. Her mouth stretched open as she neared his skin, I desperately raced faster, hurriedly skidding to a stop and holding up the gun "don't make me do this, please mum, don't make me do this" I panted to myself.

As soon as Nikolai's scream rang through the air, the gun went off.

There was a loud ringing in my ears and all seemed to fall silent, I was dizzy, stumbling where I stood as a loud slumping sound swept throughout the area.

My mother's body fell backwards, landing in a muddle pile of slumping limbs. Nikolai fell onto his knees, leaning forward and gripping the top of his head where blood was hurriedly flowing through his fingers.

"Nikolai".