Chapter 98: Running out of time

First off guys, i haven't updated in over a week, i feel so ashamed i'm so sorry! Second, i know i haven't really been replying to all of your comments but i do read them all, i just get so many that i can't reply to every single one. I'm not complaining, i love reading what you have to say. I just wanted you to know why i can't reply to everything. I love you all so much, we're two away from 100 chapters!

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

We had left Beth and Tyreese's graves behind, we couldn't stay their forever otherwise we could've been in more trouble then before. The sun was blazing, beating down on our dehydrated bodies, we had split into groups too look for water, i was with Carl, Rick and Judith.

We had found a small house, with guns at the ready we stepped into the house. Using our guns to knock on the doors to see if any walkers would come out. None. Deeming it safe we journeyed throughout the house making sure not to let our guard down.

I stepped into the kitchen searching through the drawers and the fridge, nothing. Looking in the drawers ad cupbaords i only managed to find a funsized packet of crackers. With a sighed i shoved it in my backpack, food isn't as much of a problem. It's the big three's, 3 minutes without oxygen, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food. That's the maximum we can, we're almost at our limit with water, we haven't found anything to drink since tuesday...it's thursday now.

If we can't find anything my friday that could be it for us. I slumped my shoulders and met up with Carl and Rick who were waiting in the living room "nothing" the expressions on their faces showed me they hadn't found anything either "all i have are these" i said pulling out the crackers.

Rick took them and sighed "we're running out of time, we can't survive like this" Carl and i nodded, taking my husband's hand all of us walked out of the building and headed back to the car. I strapped myself in the back and leaned my head on the window watching as the scenery passed.

Carl gripped my hand tightly, i glanced at his and he sent me a small smile. I smiled back and squeezed his hand. Judith's carrier was seated in between us so we couldn't get any closer, we pulled up to see some of the other groups sitting down disheartened. I could tell they hadn't been lucky on their search.

Picking Judith up we exited the car, Carol smiled and took her as she wanted something the cheer her up. Carl sat back against the tree and opened his arms for me, i sat back against his chest both our legs stretched out in front of us. Carl wrapped his arms around me covering my own arms, i leaned my head back against his shoulder as he pecked my cheek.

Soon Daryl's group emerged from the woods, they hadn't found anything either, sitting down in our circle. Soon there was a low growling, we turned to see a few rabid dogs growling at us, the crocuhed low, sharp teeth bared and a dangerous look in their eyes. Carl turned on his side pushing me against the tree and hovering over me looking back at the dogs.

He was using his body as a cover in case they attacked, he was trying to protect me. Sasha sighed an stood with machine gun in hand she aimed lazily at one of the dogs and pulled the trigger. I shut my eyes with a whimper. I hated seeing animals die, Carl turned his attention to me and smiled reassuringly backing up and ruffling my hair.

I turned his Carl's lap and buried my head in his shoulder as Sasha moved on too shoot the other dogs, of course i knew what was going to happen...we'd eat them. I refused to watch as Daryl skinned and cleaned out the poor animals. Carl wrapped his arms around me protectively rubbing my back soothingly until the meat was cooked and unable to be recognized as dog.

As i was handed my serving i frowned at the meat but sighed, i knew i had to eat it too live. Taking a hesitant bite i pulled the meat away, it was tough but in all honesty not bad. I sat cross legged facing Carl who was eating his meat slowly as was I. I could feel my energy regaining from the meal, and there was plenty left in case we were still hungry of course it was meat so we couldn't preserve it, we would need to eat as much as we could.

Once everyone was stuffed to their limit those who needed decided to sleep and those who didn't so much stood guard. Carl had been kind enough to stay up and let me sleep instead, i lie on the ground using my backpack as a pillow, Carl removed his plaid shirt as a makeshift blanket. He still had an undershirt on so he wouldn't freeze to death.

It's getting harder to survive out here, especially since it's summer, the walkers move faster then ever this time of year. I shut my eyes with a troubled mind, i hope to God this works out in our favour.