chapter 24: Congrats!

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I was affected by Dale's death, obviously, he was my grandpa...technically. But with Carl i was making it through with little struggle which was good, i really don't feel like breaking down again. I walked around camp seeing the sullen faces of my 'family' but most importantly Andrea who looked quite guilty seeming as the last thing she did with Dale was argue. I sighed and leaned up against the car she was also leaning on "how are you?" i asked "....." she didn't reply "i don't blame you, you know. I doubt Dale did either" i told her "blame me for what?" she asked "making him upset" i replied "i made him upset?" she asked. I had a 'really?' look on my face as i stared at her "he thought of you as a daughter and you argued with him non stop of course he was upset" i told her slightly coldly. She looked to the ground and for the first time didn't argue with me "i'm sorry, it's just i was really close to Dale" i apologized "i understand" she said. I gave her a smile and walked away.

A couple of minutes later Rick summoned all of us for a meeting "Lori has something to announce" (i'm pretty sure Lori announced she was pregnant before Dale died even though he already knew)Lori walked up to all of us and sighed in anticipation "i'm...pregnant" with those words said my jaw dropped but was replaced by a grin. I ran over to her and glomped her softly so i didn't hurt the baby "congrats!" i yelled "i'm gonna have a little baby to babysit, it'll be just like with Nikola-" i cut myself off and backed away the smile gone. I shook my had "no, i won't ruin the good news with old news" i said with the smile coming back onto my face. Lori showed me a proud smile and Rick ruffled my hair "why didn't you tell me before?" i voice cut in, i looked towards the owner of the voice to see Carl with an angry and not to mention disappointed look on his face "Carl..." Lori whispered "no!" he yelled storming off. Lori and Rick were about to chase after him when i stopped them "i think i should do this" i said, they hesitantly nodded in agreement and i ran after him.

After a couple of minutes of searching him leaning against the tree at the back of the house where we became official. I sighed walked over to his plopped down right next to him "i'm really not in the mood (Y/N)" he snapped "oh hush up" i scolded him. I looked at him as he stared at the ground with anger in his eyes "you can't be mad at your mother, she needs you right now" i told him "yeah but-" "no buts!" i cut him off "you need to be there for your little brother or sister, they'll need their big brother to protect them not to sulk" i said "i know but why didn't she tell me sooner?" he asked "maybe it was because she was trying to deal with it herself, think of how much pressure must be on her now that she's pregnant i doubt she wants the baby because of how it would have to grow up...living in fear" i suggested "i suppose you're right" he sighed standing up and sticking his hand in my face so he could help me up. I smiled and grabbed his hand "i think you may owe your mother an apology" i said "yeah" he replied running off to fins his mother. I smiled as i watched his retreating figure.

The smile was wiped off my face as i was yanked back by the hair, i squeaked in pain but didn't scream after such good news i wouldn't want to ruin it with me being stupid and not watching my surroundings. I was pulled back so hardly i saw the assailant which happened to be a walker, some if it's rotting flesh on it's cheek fell off and with what little movement i had i manage to dodge getting hit in the face with it and it fell on the grass below. i Snarled at the walker with it's yellow eyes that were once blue stared at me with nothing but hunger, i reached for my gun but decided it would not be a good idea to shoot it for a number of reasons, i'm not exactly sure how to get infected but i did not want blood and brains to land in my mouth of on my face, and the sound will attract other walker and my group and they will be in trouble. I twisted and kicked the walkers leg, not only breaking it but pushing it back. I was freed and created distance between me and the walker, putting my hands in front of my face and twisted my body at an angle in a attack position. The walker came for me but i turned so it's fingers almost grasped my hair but i moved fast enough that it fell forward, once it picked itself up it came for me again but even faster and pinned me to a tree. I planted my hand on it's forehead well away from it's mouth and did my best to make sure it didn't come any closer to me.

I growled and pushed even harder eventually i was able to push the walker back, i gasped for breath and panted as i lost alot of strength "enough playing" i growled at hit, i turned slightly and lifted my leg up to kick the zombie in the head, it fell on the floor and i took the opurtunity to stamp on it's head repeatedly. Apparently that caught someone's attention because they ran over and held my arms back as i kept on kicking the walker's head in with tears streaming down my face. I took most of my anger and sorrow from Dale's death out on the dead being underneath me n longer moving. The figure pulled me back even more "sshh, it's ok. I'm here now ok?" i recognized that voice anywhere "Carl?" i asked "yeah?" he asked i twisted in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck ad sobbed into his shoulder "it's okay" he comforted but made no move that told me to let go. After a couple of minutes of sobbing and comforting words i removed my head from his shoulder and looked at him with red puffy eyes "what?" he asked "what am i going to do without you?" i asked with a nervous chuckle "i should be asking you that" he replied hugging me even tighter.

I smiled and rubbed his back and all of the sudden we heard an appluad come from the entrance of teh back of the house. We seperated and there stood everyone clapping with bright smiles staring at our little show. I blushed brightly and stepped as far from Carl as i could "we all knew you two had a thing, we were actually betting that you guys would get together" Rick chuckled, i glanced at Carl nervously who seemed just as embarassed as i probably looked. I sighed and walked overgrabbing Carl's hand "well it's too late to hide it" i shrugged as i intertwined our fingers, Carl seemd to agree and we walked towards the group and got a bunch of congratualtions, it was all smiles i hope it stays this way.