Chapter 69: Seperated

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

I huddled behind the children to make sure they didn't get harmed if someone came round "Tyrone, you need to get them out of here, out of the prison okay?" i asked him hurriedly, glancing over my shoulder "but what about you?" he asked "nevermind about me, just go. I'll cover you" i huffed, he nodded albeit hesitantly "now, go, go, go, go!" i yelled. They all began to ran as i shot at the enemy who were shooting at us, time slowed down as my shots began to miss and the enemy began shooting, not just anything...the children.

I yelled out in panic as they began to fall one by one, though sad about the loss of the other kids i was mostly worried for Judith. Angrily i began to shoot until my gun ran out of bullets, since it was my fathers gun i wouldn't just throw it to the side, packing it my holster i grabbed a shot gun conveniently lying on the ground, thankfully it was loaded. Aiming at the enemy i shot watching as their heads blossomed with blood and they fell to the ground, death after death i turned to the falled children and sighes sadly "i'm sorry i couldn't save you" i whispered. Grabbing a cover from one of the cars that no longer worked i laid the sheet over the kids.

Standing there for a moment i shook my head and ran after Tyrone, now only Lizzie, Mika and Judith with him. I caught up and took Judith from Lizzie gently "the carrier will only slow us down" i whispered as i unbuckled her and let the carrier fall to the ground "what about the others?" Tyrone asked. I looked back sadly at those still fighting and then back to him "we can't...you guys could get hurt including Judith, we can't risk it. We need to leave" i stated. Nodding in understanding he sympathetically rested his hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze "come on, let's go" i mumbled. Holding Judith tightly to myself to make sure she wouldn't get hurt by me running we climbed over the fallen fence and into the woods.

Giving the prison one last glance i sighed and trudged up to Tyrone and the others "are we going to die?" Mika asked softly, balancing Judith on my hip with one arm wound around her to make sure she didn't fall i rested my free hand on the shorter girls head "no of course not Mika, we're strong. Those back at the prison are strong too, we'll make it. I promise" i smiled down at her reassuringly surprisingly i didn't doubt my words, but whether we could survive with them i don't know, the universe seems to want me and Carl to be apart, whatever strange being is tearing us apart (A.K.A Evil Author) really needs to stay out of our business!

Fighting back the tears of leaving my beloved behind we continued to walk along, Tyrone occasionally killing walkers that passed us by with the intention of eating us. Judith sensed my sadness and lifted her head from my shoulder looking me in the eye, reasting her hands on my cheeks much like she did often when i was with Carl she giggled, smiling i felt tears pool in my eyes.

I fell to my knees clutching Judith tightly to my chest i cradled her, rocking back and forth i squeezed out the tears, my throat tightened and my chest burned as i shook with silent sobs. The others noticed the lack of footsteps and turned around to see me, they made no move knowing i wanted my time alone with Judith. Walkers began to creep up and i looked up at them "for once in years will you just, GO AWAY!!!" i screamed now sobbing rather loudly, Tyron ran towards the walkers slashing them with his knife before embedding the blade into their skulls effectively killing them for good.

Wiping my tears away with one of my arms Judith had fallen asleep surprisingly standing up shakily Tyrone tried to help me but i slapped his hand away "i'm fine!" i snapped "s-sorry, i'm good okay? Let's just keep walking" i sighed lowering my voice, he nodded with an understanding smile and walked ahead to keep up with Lizzie and Mika while i followed from behind.

I felt absolutely awful, i left Carl and the others behind, they don't even know if Judith's alive or not! With the baby carrier empty just sitting there they probably assume she's dead...but i had to do what i had to do, this was to keep Judith safe and i cant regret that. I just never that that we'd be seperated.