Chapter 105: Enid

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

Morning came, Rick had become friendly with this blonde woman and apparently she had a son around mine and Carl's age who we could 'make friends with'.

Carl knocked on the door and soon a young male wearing smart clothing opened the door "hi there!" he greeted. I didn't quite catch his name (if anyone remembers the name of him and his mother, it would be much appreciated!) but he seemed nice...normal...but nice.

He invited us inside and my attention was drawn to the girl laying on the bed. She seemed uninterested, and my age. She glared up at me "what?" I reached for my gun but soon felt nothing was there. Oh yeah, they were taken away from us.

Of course I didn't want to shoot her but stranger danger you know? Intense...stranger danger "so what do you want to do? Read comics? Play video games?" the boy asked.

I looked up at him "I haven't played video games since I was 11" I said "and why was that?" he asked innocently "because a zombies killed my family and I was on the run for 3 years" I replied my face blank. He winced "ouch, sorry insensitive question".

I shook my head with a smile "It's no problem" Carl gripped my hand giving it a comforting squeeze "you two a couple or what?" the girl on the bed asked "uh...yeah! Yeah, we are" I replied. She scowled before flipping another page in the comic.

"That's Enid by the way, she's a little unsocial but she's nice once you get to know her" I sneered "I bet" "what was that?" she asked looking up at me. I smiled sweetly "oh nothing~" I chimed. Turning my face away from her my smile dropped.

I looked up at the blonde woman's son "video games would be great" I sighed. Carl let go of my hand so I could search through the endless game pile, I glanced back to see Carl handing over what appeared to be a comic book to Enid.

She glanced at it before looking up at him, after a few minutes of staring at each other Enid snatched the comic "thanks". I pulled out a random game "sweet! A first person shooter" the boy said as he inserted it.

As he handed me to remote and the first enemy showed up with no fault I landed a perfect head shot "wow...you're good" he said shuffling closer. I glanced at him slightly uncomfortable by the proximity "thanks, it helps to know how to shoot in real life".

The boy gaped at me "you've held a real gun before?" he asked "and you haven't? Outside those walls, those things, those monsters they don't give mercy. Whether you a woman, a child, pregnant or weak! They will come after you and kill you unless you bite back. Shooting is the most effective way, but knowing how to use other weapons is useful too" I shrugged.

The boys gulped, Carl walked over placing a hand on my shoulder and giving it a squeeze "but it won't be like that here" he said. I put my hand over his hand and smiled up at him "yeah, I hope so".

Not long after we left and began walking back to our...house "so what did you think of Enid?" I asked "she's...nice?" Carl said though he didn't seem so sure. I scoffed "nice? Did we meet the same girl?" I asked. He rolled his eyes "okay, she's not nice but- how long has it been since you've mingled with a girl age?" he asked.

I deadpanned looking back at him "Carl...why are you talking like you're my dad?" I questioned "I'm not I just- I have a good feeling about her". His eyes were trained off to the side, I looked at him and shook my head "I'm sure you do" I mumbled.

"What is that supposed to mean?" "nothing, look can we not argue please? I'm not having a very good day, and I don't feel like lashing out at you so please...Carl" I sighed. As we reached the house I walked inside silently heading to my room and locking the door.

Laying back on my bed I frowned, this Enid girl. I don't trust her...I don't like her, is it jealousy? Of course not! Carl wouldn't do anything to make me feel jealous but...she might. I glared up at the ceiling with a sigh.

"Maybe this will all get better after a nap" and so I fell asleep.

Watch out Enid, Carl is mine.