chapter 30: Death follows us...literally

*Now i can't remexmber what happened to well so i can't gurantee that this will be accurate, sowwy* 

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

After that epic moment when i punched Shane in the face for almost killing me intentionally i walked towards the barn so i could have some solitude. I shut the large doors behind and the whole building was swallowed in darkness, the only light from cracks in the planks of wood and the gap under the door, i slid down the wall and sighed leaning my head back but of course my moment of peace was ruined when a certain love bird came in and sat next to me "what is it Carl?" i asked "why'd you punch Shane in the face?" he asked "i...can't tell you" i said "why not?" he asked "it's, reather personal so...maybe i'll tell you one day" i bargained and he seemed to agree "you promise you'll tell me one day?" he asked "promise" i smiled as we hooked pinkies. I laid my head on his shoulder and he laid his head on my head, Apparently Daryl and Glenn still went out to find Randall whether he was dead or not, they wanted t confirm Shane's alliby.

We heard some yelling outside then ran to see what the commotion was all about, the group was all standing there but what caught my eye was the fact that 2 more people were gone, scanning over the crowd i noticed it was Rick and Shane who had disappeared "where'd Rick and Shane go?" i asked  "they had an arguement and ran into the woods together" Lori explained "you think they eloped?" T-dog joked but one stern look from Lori shut him up. I sighed and walked towards the woods Carl running after me "where are you going?" he asked "your dad and Shane don't get along as much as they used to, i'm going to mae sure Shane doesn't kill Rick" i explained "not worried about dad killing Shane?" he asked "i don't care for Shane like i used to either, you could go so far to say that i don't care for him at all. He could get eaten alive by walkers while they burned his genitals off...all i would do is pull up a chair and roast some marshmallows over his burning lower half" i said, Carl stared at me horrified "but like that's ever going to happen" i giggled at his scared expression as we wlked deeper into the woods but stopped when we got to a clearing and what we saw was definitely shocking.

My jaw dropped as i saw Shane on the ground...most likely dead and Rick kneeling in front of him and he seemed to be crying. rick noticed us and Carl unholstered his gun and pointed it at Rick. I gapsed and stood backa  bit "Carl...think about this" i whispered affectionately "shut up!" he cried....literally. Rick turned to us properly and put his hands up to show Carl he wasn't going to do anything. I darted my eyes around nervously when i saw Shane get up "Carl...." i whispered motioning to the rising dead body of Shane Walsh, Carl stared at it, and unnoticiably aimed the gun at his head, the closer Shane got to biting an unknowing Rick the tenser the atmoshpere got, just as soon as Shane widened his jaws so bite down on Rick's neck Carl pulled the trigger and this time Shane died for good. Rick looked behind him at the crumpled up figure of his dead partner, Carl stormed back towards the farm and Rick and i followed to try and calm him down "carl, just stop" Rick ordered and Carl stopped his small frame riggid "what?" he asked rather coldly, Rick opened his mouth but closed it not really knowing was to say, he gave me a look and i nodded. Allowing Rick to run back to camp "Carl..." i trailed off puttign my hand on his shoulder to make him face me.

Carl's body turned but his head still faced the floor "Carl Grimes, look at me" i ordered and he hesitatnly lifted his eyes to meet mine "you know it was not Rick's fault, I know this might be hard to listen to but...when Rick first came back in the forest Shane pointed his gun at Rick's head. Only me and Dale knew, the second time Rick told me he and Shane faught and Shane faugh hard to try and Kill Rick...you know why i wanted him dead? because he-...nevermind" i cut myself off he didn't need to know yet. Carl seemed to calm down a little but he was still shaken up, i took his and gently and we walked back towards the camp. Rick seemed confused and Glenn and Daryl were back talking to him, i cocked a brow and walked over to them "what's going on?" i asked them "we found the kid, he was one of those things...but the weird thing is he wasn't bitten, it was like his head had been broken he hadn't even been scratched yet he turned" Glenn explained "weird" i muttered. We heard a shirll scream it sounded like it would come from Beth. We ran towards the sound to see a wave of walkers coming our way, i gasped and felt fear worm it's way into my heart. I grabbed my gun and desperately shot at each walker, the other's started tripping on there fallen kind but just crawled towards us. I squeezed the trigger again but got nothing but a clicking noise 'uh-oh...i'm out of ammo' i thought to myself.

axe off the ground and planted it in the skull of every walker that approached any of us "there are too many of them!" i screamed "we'll never be able to fight them off" Glenn commented. Somehow in the crossfire i had about ten walkers pinned ontop of me and there was no way of getting them off, i screamed as oud as i could, so much my throat burned and my lungs brined from lack of oxygen. Carl who was next to me used his whole boady weight to push them off and shoot them all. Rick dragged Carl away and i was about to follow but Daryls kept me behind so i could help, i stared after Rick and Carl and watched them make their way towards the barn where a hoard of walkers followed them in, the next thing i knew the whole wooden barn erupted into flames. The flames frew faster then you can say "LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!" the tall flames licking the sky and heatinf up the air around it, i was pulled by the arm by someone and shoved into a car. The person just so happened to be Rick but Carl wasn't with him "where is Carl?" i asked he didn't answer "Rick! Where is Carl?!" i asked raising my voice "i don't know....i lost him" he muttered, my mouth flew open and tears shamelessly flowed out of my eyes.

i sat back in my seat and all that could be heard was my sad sobs "go to the highway, they have to be there" Rick ordered whoever it was that was driving, they sighed but pulled up to the highway but no one was there. I got out and sat down on the roof of a car thinking about the light coming off the flames, the sight of Carl's back turned to me as he walked away, it may be the last time i ever saw him ever again...