Chapter 68: I don't think we can make it through this

Okay, your insight really helped guys! Thanks for all the support and i've decided i will skip to the prison burning down, thank you all, i love chu~

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

It's been may weeks since the cure of the outbreak in the prison, those who were infected but survived now were healthy like it didn't happen at all. Apparently while i was ill someone murdered two of our own who could've been infected with this virus, Rick suspected Carol and he told me she admitted to it and was forced to leave rather then get killed. Though i was sad about this and Daryl was angered by it we both knew it had to be done, we could no longer trust her as much as we did before, though she did it to protect us it wasn't the right move to make.

Carl and i were currently playing with Judith, wiggling our fingers all over the place making terrible ghost noises. The baby laughed so happily she screamed "aw!" i cooed nuzzling my nose into her cheeks, shed giggled and pushed on my own cheeks to get me away from her. Scruncing up my nose and poking my tongue out to tease her she let out a squeal before another fit of giggles. Rick smiled at the sight before going back to talking with Hershel, Daryl and Glenn about what to do about the governor. Carl gently squished her cheeks together and she curled her fingers around his tightly pushing out her bottom lip in a pout.

A sudden rumbling caught my attention "earth quake?" i heard Maggie ask "no...it's not an earth quiake!" Rick replied running outisde with gun in hand i quickly strapped Judith into her carrier "Lizze, Mika! you stay here with the other youngens, make sure you do not let Judith out of your sight okay? Stay here unless one of us comes and gets you okay?" i asked frantically, they nodded worriedly. Grabbing Carl's hand we ran outside with the others capable of holding weapons while the young children stayed inside.

"Governor! What do you want?!" Rick screamed to the man who pecked out of an army tank, yes a tank. A full blown army tank! If he really is going to attack us then it's a good defense since our guns won't even scratch the surface. The governor jumped out of the hole and onto the top a machine gun in his hands "i gave you plenty of chances Rick, to move on and out! You denied them all...so if it's a war you want...it's a war you get!" he jumped back down but kep his head and arms poking out. The tank rolled forward rather slowly killing some walkers below "he's going to crush the fence" i whispered to myself and that he did. Slowly rolling over the fence i watched as it bent and snapped under the weight of the tank.

My jaw dropped but i didn't have any time to stand around as their guns started going off, i ducked down pulling Carl along until we made it to one of the cars, the bullets ricochet off with a 'twang' noise some of them bursting through the window and flying just above our heads "Carl, we're going to die here aren't we?" i asked staring at him fearfully "no we're not! We're making it through this okay?" he asked "if anything happens Carl...i love you and Judith" i whispered "nothing's going to happen to you!" he protested sounding like he was encouraging himself more them me. Smiling sympathetically i let go of his hand and removed my gun from it's holster "(Y/N) what are you doing?" he asked, shifting myself so i could get up and run easily i gave him one last kiss before printing into the crossfire.

Carl screamed after me wanting to run over but more gunshots came and he had to duck down once again, i  dropped to the floor and rolled over to Rick and Daryl who were behind another car. Peaking over i saw an opening and fired, a man fell down dead at this point i didn't care if i shot him in the head, anything to get him to stop attacking us. Rick and Daryl ducked down as i did "what are you doing over here?" Rick snapped "if i'm going to die here today Rick...i'm going to die fighting" he seemed okay enough with my reply and just pursed his lips with a nod.

I noticed the kids started fleeing from the prison "oh sh*t!" i cursed seeing smoke slowly seep out of the windows "Rick, Daryl...cover me" i said, they nodded and began shooting as i ran over to the younger kids. Ushering them all with my hands beside a flipped prison bus i panted "is everyone okay?" i asked they nodded looking up at me like i was a hero "okay, i want you all to stay down okay? This will all be over soon" i whispered doubtfully though the didn't seemed to realize that. Lizzie, the oldest of them clutched Judith's baby seat closer to her.

Raising my gun i peaked out from the side of the bus and shot at the enemy, at this point i didn't care if they were kids, women and men i didn't give a damn. They put us in this situation, they're killing innocent people and they're scaring children half to death they don't deserve my mercy.  I noticed Tyrone gesturing to me with his hands, he was behind a wall and safe from gunfire, i nodded turning back to the children "okay, on my count i want you all to run over to Tyrone over there okay? Don't look back, don't stop just keep running. It's going to be scary but can you do that for me?" i asked, they nodded with a gulp, smiling proudly at them i peaked out from the bus once again.

Noticing a brief drawback as they had to reload i nodded jumping out and shooting "NOW!" i yelled, they ran towards Tyrone, Lizzie was a little slower as she had to carry Judith. I ignored the bullets that landed by my feet or zoomed past my face, to my left i was Carl also shooting tears in his eyes. Biting my lip and shook my head and ran towards Tyrone myself.

What i told the children...that this would all be over soon, it might...but for who? I don't think we can make it through this...not together.