Chapter 80: It's you

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The sun wasn't as high in the sky as it was before meaning sundown was approaching and it's not safe for one person to be out when it gets dark, there was a few couple hours before the sun actually went down but i didn't want to risk it. So i began walking back, ever since this whole thing began i've learnt to remember where i'm walking so if i get lost i can find my way back easily.

The cabin wasn't too far away now and faintly i could hear a man and a woman's voice my guess would be Carol was back and talking with Tyrone. I grinned hoping that Turminus was safe but knowing if i ever run into James again, just walk away. I stepped into the clearing "hey Caro-" i stopped dead, it wasn't just Carol and Tyrone, in fact there was Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Rick, some people i didn't know and...Carl. Rick and Carl were crowded around Judith almost in tears, they turned to look at me.

Carl's eyes widened and he stepped away from Judith taking a timid step towards me "....(Y/N)?" he asked, wasting no time i ran up to the male enveloping him in a hug. His arms wrapped around me tightly and quickly his shaky breaths were deep with non belief. Tears of sorrow, and pain, all i had experienced when i had to leave him fell from my eyes but they weren't just tears of negative emotion there was more positive then anything else.

We pulled away from each other slightly closer then at arm's length, Carl's hands on my cheeks, his was being so gentle as if i would crumble away before his eyes. Wiping my tears away with his thumbs his eyes traveled my face "i can't believe it" he whispered, i let out a laugh "neither can i" i replied. Rick rested a hand on my shoulder "it's good to have you back (Y/N)" he cheered though he seemed happier then he was letting on. Judith was in her father's arms where she longed to be all this time and the same with me but with Carl of course.

Pressing our lips together quickly i had almost forgotten what it felt like to be here with him, separating we hugged each other once more before interlocking our fingers "Carol, Tyrone, (Y/N) this is Eugene, Abraham, Rosita and and Tara, Eugene is a scientist, he's pretty sure he can stop the apocolypse" Glenn spoke up, i turnedto said male "is it true?" i asked, he nodded. I grinned "that's great! But it's getting dark soon, we should find a place to rest" i sighed.

With no disagreements we set off into the woods my hand never leaving Carl's, they explained during our trek about what Turminus really did "they eat people?" i repeated "yeah" Rick mumbled "that's so...sick" and that was very true, it was disgusting that they stopped trying to save people and starting eating them instead and the meant Rick and the other ate when they first got there was most likely human flesh.

Soon enough we came upon a clearing with good enough view into the woods and other surrounding areas, a perfect place to set up for the night. I sat down in front of the fire Carl doing the same next to me, the flames flickered weakly, fishing into my pockets for the bullets i tossed them to Abraham, the male looked up at me confused "got them off a guy from turminus whil i was scouting, he tried to shoot me so i took his bullets" i shrugged "and you have the same gun he has so go ahead take 'em" i finished with a smile. Abraham smirked with a nod "i like this kid" he whispered to Rosita who smiled my way.

I sighed resting my head on Carl's shoulder gazing down at our hands which were still locked thogether "for so long i thought that i had left you for dead back at the prison" i mumbled, Carl looking down at me "i thought, i'm an awful person, not only that but an awful girlfriend, i tried to get the kids out of that place and safe with Tyrone but it happened so fast i-" Carl sushed me saying "it's okay" and "i'm here" some "i love you"'s thrown in there.

"Did you meet any new people while i was gone?" he asked, i nodded "his name was Henry, i found him at a house in a town, he had been shot said his people left him behind when this guy was caught in there" Carl perked up "what can you remember about that place aside from that guy?" he asked "an empty tin of 112 ounces of pudding, why?" i questioned "because my dad was the guy that was caught in there and i was the one who ate the pudding" he clarified "so i just missed you? You were so close!" i sputtered in frustration.

Carl chuckled "so yeah about Henry..." Carl trailedoff wanting me to finish my story "i didn't trust him at first but i couldn't just leave him there for dead so i found him a shack away from where Judith and the others were staying at the time, these guys came out of nowhere hit me over the head and kidnapped both me and Henry" the blue eyed boy when rigid beside me his hand tightening slightly over my own but didn't interrupt.

So i continued "when i came too there was this guy standing over me, his name was...Tim? I don't know something like that with this group called the claimers" everyone else was listening in on my story too Daryl perked up at the name as did Rick, Michonne and Carl. Apparently Henry used to be one of them they started...whipping me" i closed my eyes as i relived the pain and the burn of his belt on my back "i can still feel the buckle digging into my skin" i whimpered Carl's hand tightened even more but not enough to hurt me "they forced Henry to watch but he tried to stop them, we had been tied up so we couln't move".

As i continued my story everyone's eyes were on my sympathetic gazes cast upon me, Carol had already heard the story but not in detail "he left the room, well it was actually a compartment in a train but whatever, and he let his men try and-" i didn't have to finish the sentence because they knew what i meant "i managed to break free and i took my gun from one of the claimers their boss came back and held a gun to Henry's head. Henry told me to run, to forget about him and find you, Carl. I didn't want to leave him there but before i knew it...that man pulled the trigger and Henry was dead. So i did the only thing i could do at the time, i ran" i sighed "i ran straight back to Carol and the others making sure no one followed me and there she took car of my wounds" i finished.

Carl's hand on my back twitched as he felt the bandages underneath my clothes "i can't believe all that happened to you, you poor girl" Tara muttered "it's fine, i'm stronger then they are. Even knowing that makes me feel better" i shrugged. Carl pecked my forehead before pulling me into his lap, laying his hands over my stomach and holding me close. Laying my head back onto his shoulder i closed my eyes hoping to finally since we were separated get a goot night's rest now that Carl is back with me.

'Henry, i've fulfilled your last request, i just hope you're proud and i hope if there is an afterlife or heaven of whatever, that you get to meet my familar, i'm sure they'll love you! Now both our wishes are complete, i found Carl now neither of us have to worry, we can both rest easy'.