chapter 28: No mercy?

s*(Y/N)'s P.O.V*

The night sjy's started clearing and day break was about to be upon us though Rick, Shane, Hershel and Lori weren't back yet. Carl and i had went back into the house a couple of hours after the fight because it was started to get really cold. i sighed and leaned back on the sofa "where are they?" i asked myself "don't worry, i'm not that worried about them, i know they'll come back soom" Carl reassured me but from the look on his face he was alot more worried then he wa sletting on. Carl sat next to me on the sofa and leaned forwards so his elbows were on his knees, he laced his fingers together and let his thmbs hang down a little and then touch, he rested his head on his thubs so his other figners were like a mustache. Carl tried to keep a straight face but his worried features broke through, Glenn suddenly burst in "lori's here, she seems injured!" he yelled uickly, i shot up and ran towards Hershel's medical room knowing she would be there. When i reached that room i burst open the door to see Lori sitting down on the bed with a couple of scratches "that's why i told you not to leave, oyu were bound to get hurt" i scolded walking towards her. Lori chuckled nervousy "sorry, my car flipped but i'm not seriously injured just a couple cuts and bruises" Lori reassured me, i looked at Maggie and she nodded confirming what Lori had said.

Carl walked in slowly "mum?" he asked walking towards her "why didn't you tell me you were going to leave?" he asked "because i knew either you would some how persuade me to stay or you would want to come with me, and i wouldn't want you to get hurt out there" Lori explained. Glenn burst in again "Rick and the other's are back and they got this wounded guy with them" he said just before running out to meet them, i shared a look with Carl and ran after Glenn. It was true Rick was helping this limping guy into the barn "who's this guy?" Glenn asked "wen found him and took him" Daryl explained shoving the guy in the barna nd tying him up as well as putting a blindfold and gag in his mouth. I shook my head and walked back into the house just to get bombarded with questions from Carl "yes, you're dad is back with the other's and no they are not hurt. They do have a guy with them but Daryl tied him up in the barn. I'm going to check it out after i have a nap" i told him sleepily seeming as i didn't sleep that night. Carl nodded and lead me to the sofa and laid me down so i could get some well deserved rest.

~5 hours later~

My eyes fluttered open to see some soup in front of me and a note next to it "eat up ~Carl" i smiled and scorfed down the soup. I walked to the kitchen to see Lori pouring some soup into another bowl "who's that for?" i asked "it's for the new guest"  she said putting a spoon in the bowl and walking out "your up and about after getting into an accident? Get some rest Lori, i'll take it to him" i said taking the bowl form her tired hands "thank you" she said, that's how i could tell how tired she was, she didn't even protest.

I walked towards the barn and was about to enter when Shane stopped me "where do yout think you're going?" he asked "look i understand how you want him to suffer and all, but you also want answers right? You're not going to get answers if he dies and turns into a walker" i said to Shane pushing passed him and towards the prisoner. The guy shook in terror as he herd the door open "w-who's there?" he asked "calm down" i told him "a-a girl?" he asked "no, it's pinochio" i said sarcastically and he laughed a little. I kneeled in front of him and put the bowl down as i removed his gag and blind fold "what's your name?" i asked "Randall" he replied eyeing the bowl of soup "hungry?" i asked "yeah..." he replied with no hesitation. I giggled and was about to feed him since he didn't have the hands to do it himself until i heard footsteps. I turned to look at the intruder "hey Carl" i greeted "hey...so, who's this?" he asked "this...is Randall" i replied "his hands are tied and Shane doesn't have the sympathy to feed him so i'm going to do it" i explained "why not let him do it himself?" Carl asked "can't risk him trying something" i replied.

I blew on the spoon of hot soup until it was no longer steaming and moved it closer to Randall's face who took it in his mouth happily "you're really nice, what's your name?" he asked when i removed the spoon "(Y/N), why?" i asked, he shrugged "i want to know my saviours name, is that so wrong?" he asked. I giggled and shook my head feeling Carl's eyes burn into the back of my skull "you know, you're pretty cute, how old are you?" he asked wiggling his eye brows, i rolled my eyes and stood up with my arms crossed "too young for you, and you now you shouldn't be flirting with a girl that has a gun and won't hesitate to s-hoot you between the eyes. Let alone one who is taken and her boyfriend is no more than ten feet away who also has a gun and will shoot you in the most painful way possible" Carl cut in walking closer to wrap his arm around my shoulder. Randall gulped as Carl glared at him, i giggled "it's fine Carl, i can handle myself" i told him "but-" i cut him off with a peck on the lips "just shush" i said in a caring way. I kneeled back down and continued feeding the now quiet Randall occasionally glancing at the pouting Carl behind me.

After i finished feeding Randall i sighed "i really don't want tot do this to you" i said holding the blindfold and gag in my hand "your too nice (Y/N)" Carl chuckled "i'll do it" he offered holding out his hand to take the pieces if cloth "but you might tie it to tight on purpose" i said "i promise i won't" he rolled his eyes and i hestatnly gave him the rags. Carl put them on Randall and kept his promise of not tying it too tight, we walked out together and i tried to ingore the look on Shane's face when i acted gently to Randall, it was as if he would rather Randall die then be treated with such care. I shook my head of the thought and smiled when i remembered how protective Carl was, i laced our fingers together and swang our arms between us walking back to the rest of the group with a bright smile on my face.